How do I get an aircraft mechanic job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Timothy- in Oakland, California

59 months ago

I am a new aircraft mechanic. I got my A & P license over two years ago. So far I have been unable to get a job in the industry. I sent resumes to all the airlines, the commuters, repair stations, repair shops, etc. But not even a reply. I ran up a large student load getting my license. The schools said that everybody was hiring. Where are the jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

575 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

59 months ago

WELL ON THE SUBJECT OF GETTING A JOB, YOU HAVE TO SOMETIMES MOVE TO A CITY WHERE THEY HAVE LOTS OF AVIATION COMPANIES. AND YOU'LL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING A JOB THERE. HERE IS AN E-MAIL I'M SENDING AND GIVE THEM A CALL. YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND THEM A RESUME WENT TO YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM. THE RECRUITER IS JSFIRM.COM AND THE PHONE IS. TALK TO HIM HIS NAME IS JOHN KANE, IT'S FREE AND WHO KNOWS YOU MIGHT LUCKY LIKE I DID GOOD LUCK, JOSE MARTINEZ.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David_J in Takoma, Washington

59 months ago

575 in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: WELL ON THE SUBJECT OF GETTING A JOB, YOU HAVE TO SOMETIMES MOVE TO A CITY WHERE THEY HAVE LOTS OF AVIATION COMPANIES. AND YOU'LL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING A JOB THERE. HERE IS AN E-MAIL I'M SENDING AND GIVE THEM A CALL. YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND THEM A RESUME WENT TO YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM. THE RECRUITER IS JSFIRM.COM AND THE PHONE IS. TALK TO HIM HIS NAME IS JOHN KANE, IT'S FREE AND WHO KNOWS YOU MIGHT LUCKY LIKE I DID GOOD LUCK, JOSE MARTINEZ.

The problem with moving to a city with lots of aviation companies is that, those cities also have lots of laid off aircraft mechanics. So the competition is fierce. The trend is aircraft maintenance is moving overseas to cheap labor countries. An aircraft can be any place in the world in 24 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Franklin Holbrook in Seattle, Washington

58 months ago

You need to CONTRACT -Look at "ATS" Aviation Technical Service in Everett, WA -they are looking for people -ALSO

BETTER YET -APPLY for BOEING!

Aviation Maintenance Technician & Inspector Field -97109
Aviation Maintenance Technician & Inspector Field -FLIGHT TEST -C2709

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

David_J in Takoma, Washington

52 months ago

I applied with Boeing and no look. The problem with Boeing is that for every vacancy they get thousands of qualified applicants. The odds are stacked against you. They know there is a glut of A&P mechanics out there. As for the others they are contractors with temp positions. Usually for six months. That would require living away from home for the six month period. Half the paycheck would go on rent. You still have to pay your mortgage back home. I guess working for a contractor would be OK if you were a homeless person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Julio F in Miami, Florida

46 months ago

Timothy- in Oakland, California said: I am a new aircraft mechanic. I got my A & P license over two years ago. So far I have been unable to get a job in the industry. I sent resumes to all the airlines, the commuters, repair stations, repair shops, etc. But not even a reply. I ran up a large student load getting my license. The schools said that everybody was hiring. Where are the jobs?

So any luck finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shain in Baku, Azerbaijan

30 months ago

Istady at the 5th course national academy aviation,my profecion is enginee mecanic, I work at the airport about 16 years Iam accurite and doing my work in time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.