working conditions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

awhite175 in lake worth, Florida

67 months ago

i have been an A&P contractor for 5 years since getting layed off from united airlines.we need to share more information on mro's. what companies to work for and the working conditions. what supervisors to watch out for etc etc. i have been in the business for 28 years and live in florida. i recently took a job working in everett wa. working for ATS. i was hired on as a (master mechanic)with a promise of big pay only to discover after 4 weeks that my pay was cut by $10 per hour saying i didnt fit the requirements of that paygrade. this is something i was never informed of when planetechs contracted me here. my lead or planetechs never bothered to inform me of this small detail. i have gen fam in all boeing aircraft as well as several systems classes. have worked in hangars and line condions. worked as a lead mechanic and some supervisor duties as well. so watch out if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

LJARAMILLO1@COMCAST.NET in Albuquerque, New Mexico

67 months ago

MY COMMENT IS THAT I WAS WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY ECLIPSE AVIATION, AND WHEN I WAS LAYOFF THIS PAST AUG. OF 2008, THEY LAY ME OFF AND I HAVE 30 YEARS OF AIRCRAFT EXPERIENCE. THEY LAY OFF THE PEOPLE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE AND THAT WERE GETTING PAY MORE, AND KEPT THE PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AIRAFT AND WIHT LESS PAY, SO TELL ME IS THAT THE WAY TO RUN AVITION BUSINESS. I DON'T IT'S FAIR BUT IT'S THIER COMPANY AND THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT TO DO. JOSE MARTINES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jetmech_97 in Knoxville, Tennessee

67 months ago

awhite175 in lake worth, Florida said: i have been an A&P contractor for 5 years since getting layed off from united airlines.we need to share more information on mro's. what companies to work for and the working conditions. what supervisors to watch out for etc etc. i have been in the business for 28 years and live in florida. i recently took a job working in everett wa. working for ATS. i was hired on as a (master mechanic)with a promise of big pay only to discover after 4 weeks that my pay was cut by $10 per hour saying i didnt fit the requirements of that paygrade. this is something i was never informed of when planetechs contracted me here. my lead or planetechs never bothered to inform me of this small detail. i have gen fam in all boeing aircraft as well as several systems classes. have worked in hangars and line condions. worked as a lead mechanic and some supervisor duties as well. so watch out if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Yeah buddy, watch out for planetechs! They are notorius for doing the pay cut thing. They did that to a lot of mechanics I knew that went to PEMCO in Alabama. That's why I never use planetechs again! These guys will screw you big time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.