Top Animal Caretaker skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every Animal Caretaker must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your Animal Caretaker expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Savoana Davis in Bay City, Michigan

53 months ago

What are you skills? and I want to be this so I need to know you skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Angelina in Tualatin, Oregon

47 months ago

Savoana Davis in Bay City, Michigan said: What are you skills? and I want to be this so I need to know you skills.

I have taken care of scorpions, parrots, cat, dogs eguanas. With the animals You have to make sure they are fed and watered on a daily basis cleaned their cages I have a strong bond with animals I do not like to see an animal home less I my self have taked in homless animals fed them and loved them and brought them back to good health.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

grneyez2 in Chicago, Illinois

37 months ago

Knowledge, space, and time/commitment. These three compoenents are really important when it comes to animal care taking. You need to know as much as possible about the animal species you are caring for; it's enclosure requirements, daily nutrition, it's behaviors, safety procedures when handling animal, providing enrichment for the animal to keep it happy and healthy. Space is important if you plan on housing these animals on your own property. Every animal has living space requirements and you need to be able to provide that. Time is so important because if you can't provide the time it takes to care for these animals every day, every weekened, every holiday, when your tired or sick, then caring for animals may not be the job for you. If you work at an animal facility then you still need to commit to your job (if you are an employee, or a day of the week if you are a volunteer). If you are a true animal lover, all of these challenges won't be a problem for you. If you are thinking about working at an animal care facility, consider volunteering or interning because this is a great way to get valuable experience and a way to see if working with animals is truly what you want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.