Is this the American way?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Acecoleg in Shreveport, Louisiana

49 months ago

Hello everyone. Im a maintenace man at a property in Shreveport, Louisiana and I would like some advice and your point of veiw of my situation. I was getting paid $7.00hr., below minimum wage most of the time I was there, when minimum wage is $7.25. When I brought it management attention she said that I was getting $8, I said i had paycheck stubs to prove my point,so she assurred me she would correct it. When i received my next check I only got $7.25hr. Then two paychecks later i was back at $7.00hr again. As a man who works hard, and takes pride in my work i know in way underpaid. I alerted she again two paychecks later and receive $7.25 again. I have fellow maintenance men under the same owner that have started underpaid have been promised raises and has Never gotten one throughout their employment there. No Vacation time and no raises. IS THIS THE AMERICAN WAY NOW?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

adam in Casa Grande, Arizona

47 months ago

It sounds like their accounting department leaves a lot to be desired. You should have started looking for a new job a long time ago...Red Flags Everywhere
Best of luck.
Adam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.