old felony and what to do.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

andrew in Greensboro, North Carolina

79 months ago

I have and old non-violent felony and recently it has been stopping me from gettig employed Ihave several years of experience and certifications, I need help can some one please help me..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jay in Richmond, Virginia

56 months ago

I'm in the same boat. I looked into getting it expunged, but the process is long and results are slim. It is also very expensive to hire a lawyer to help. I.E. need a good job for that. my advice is to start with a small company that might appreciate honest admission of the crime and timeline. thats what I did. In the meantime deliver those pizzas like I did for years..............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robert in Irving, Texas

18 months ago

I have an old felony. I went back.to school HVAC. Got my cert. And Ihave been in apt. Maintenance for 10ys. Now. I just learned to be honest about my past. It happend back in 1988. I'm good at my job. I just keep applying. Somebody has also given me a chance and I never let them down. I just have to work extra hard. Show that I'm worthy of the job. I know apt.maint. inside and out. Just don't give up. Yes, a lot of company's say no. I understand that's there policy Irespect that. And move on. To the next.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.