Apt. Manager Problem-Lack of Communication

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

NvyWfy09 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

66 months ago

I JUST resigned a new lease earlier this month. The new management took over after we resigned our lease last yr. with the old management. We currently do not like the new apt. manager. I called her the week before I had to resign with the new management. I asked her if I could sign it then have my husband look over it and turn it back in. (He works long hours and is military)She said sure, let me type it up and call you when its done. I kept calling her (left a message over the weekend), and she never called back. The day of the 1st, I called during her office hrs and she never answered. I called the local management company several times and emailed a few people. 20 minutes after the emails, she calls meand basically says, both my husband and i have to be there before 5pm to sign the new lease. I really hated the way she did that and NEVER called. My husband had to leave early on his ship. **Thank god he wasn't underway or had duty!I had to call twice about scheduling a complimentary carpet cleaning, because she never called me back about it. I told her to make it for this past Tues./Wed. because my husband has duty and I need help moving furniture. She said she'd call me to confirm it. Tues. morning, there's a knock at my door. I go down and check the window thinking its the matience guy. (I don't have on a shirt and i'm female) I hear someone say "I Guess noone's home"and I get back over to the door to tell the matience guy not to come in, I'm not dressed. I look up and there's some guy looking at me through the window!It was the carpet cleaners!I had no idea that they would show up! They both saw me with just a bra on because I had to crack the door to tell them to wait.I call apt. manager wanting to know what was going on. She said the carpet cleaners were to call her first so she could call me. I called the carpet place, they said she confirmed it for Tuesday but they happened to show up early at 9:30am! What should I do about her? She doesn't do a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NvyWfy09 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

66 months ago

I did contact the local management and talked to the customer service guy and I think he took notes and apologized for what happened. The apt. manager did too, but I wish that she would call when she says she will and that incident with the carpet cleaners could've been easily avoided if she would have made a call. When I asked for the carpet cleaners # to call and ask about what happened, she said that there was really no need to call because she took care of it. That was a red flag to me and I called anyway and found out she had confirmed it for Tuesday morning.

How should I handle problems from now on? And how long is the normal waiting period for a matience person to come by? I don't have any big problems, just a crack in the ceiling that needs to be fixed because of a small leak in one of our bathrooms that we don't use too often.

Christellie in Glendora, California

66 months ago

If I were you, I would have contact the owner's office. Write a private letter to the owner.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.