Interview not that easy.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

MEME in Tucson, Arizona

67 months ago

I recently relocated to Arizona due to parents death.
I went on an interview for what is called here A Community Director. ( Property Manager) over 350 units, as the Regional Supervisor sat across from me, he had a three (3)page booklet of questions. I almost froze in my seat. The question were harded than expected,in addition he told me that "my 13year of experience wasn't enough to be a Community Director (Property Manager) No.1 reason is... You've work w/in a Retirement community of 300 units. That I was not part of their target market 18 to 35" Then he offered me an "assistant Community Directors position" I have my final interview w/the Community Director of a Property. Does anyone have any solid interview tips or advise for when I show up. I need help... In this economy I need this Job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

spolley in sarasota, Florida

64 months ago

My advice to MEME in Tucson; It sounds to me like you should take the assistant position. If this is a large property management company, it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have. If you have never worked for a large company, you will need to start out as an assistant. I currently work for a very large company. Most widely known for the training they provide to their employees. But their expectations are pretty fierce. If you don't live up to them, they will let you go. It is worth you time to start out as an assistant and get proper training. I have worked for both small and large companies. I had over 11 years of "manager" experience working for small companies when I landed a job with a large company. I thought I knew it all when I took the job. I can honestly say that I have learned so much. I am confident at this point that I would be able to make any property I manage a success even in a bad market. I say, "take the job".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.