Tenants ganging up on a manager....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Rosa in Anaheim, California

97 months ago

I manage a 23 unit building. I've been here 6 months. The landlord decided to evict 2 tenants at the same time one for non-payment the other for noise disturbances. Now they have decided to congregate and get a petition signed to get me out of my management position. It is very race oriented. They are of the Armenian race and have united with all the other armenians in the building to accomplish this.They have threatened me and give me and the other tenants(that are not armenian) dirty looks. They laugh at us as we walk by and say things in their language. Has anyone ever heard of this? Would this be considered harassment? Any tips?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fred in San Diego, California

97 months ago

Rosa in Anaheim, California said: I manage a 23 unit building. I've been here 6 months. The landlord decided to evict 2 tenants at the same time one for non-payment the other for noise disturbances. Now they have decided to congregate and get a petition signed to get me out of my management position. It is very race oriented. They are of the Armenian race and have united with all the other armenians in the building to accomplish this.They have threatened me and give me and the other tenants(that are not armenian) dirty looks. They laugh at us as we walk by and say things in their language. Has anyone ever heard of this? Would this be considered harassment? Any tips?

If your a member of AOA of CA they can help you. Here's the URL link www.aoausa.com/ Or just goto that site and call them.

Dulce in San Diego, California

97 months ago

this has nothing to do with your question, but i am trying to go about becoming a manager for an apartment complex. Do you have any advice for me to begin? Is there any training to go to?

LTW in Berkeley, California

96 months ago

You must somehow make them your ally, and co-partner to turn the situation
around. In fact, the best way I know to do this form experience is give a
BBQ this week-end and celebrate the fourth of July.

The key that unlocks the door is service. I used to live in Southern California and see the Armenian People at the park across the street from
NBC and they LOVE their BBQ just like us Americans. This is the number one
step in becoming a naturalized citizen I believe, is giving a good BBQ. As
a former Southerner, I am sure of it.

Keep your sense of humor, and realize as soon as you have hotdogs to offer those kids you will make them your friend. They are kids. They are bored, make
a hopscotch tournament with chalk on the sidewalk in your spare time some
week-end. Embrace them, it is the American Way. They are worth the effort,
I know you can turn this around. Hot day, the American way is offer them a
portable cooler full of popsicles for them and their friends.

Before you know it, balance and harmony will be back to your neighborhood.

Best of Luck
An Old Pro.

linda in New York, New York

93 months ago

LTW in Berkeley, California said: You must somehow make them your ally, and co-partner to turn the situation
around. In fact, the best way I know to do this form experience is give a
BBQ this week-end and celebrate the fourth of July.

The key that unlocks the door is service. I used to live in Southern California and see the Armenian People at the park across the street from
NBC and they LOVE their BBQ just like us Americans. This is the number one
step in becoming a naturalized citizen I believe, is giving a good BBQ. As
a former Southerner, I am sure of it.

Keep your sense of humor, and realize as soon as you have hotdogs to offer those kids you will make them your friend. They are kids. They are bored, make
a hopscotch tournament with chalk on the sidewalk in your spare time some
week-end. Embrace them, it is the American Way. They are worth the effort,
I know you can turn this around. Hot day, the American way is offer them a
portable cooler full of popsicles for them and their friends.

Before you know it, balance and harmony will be back to your neighborhood.

Best of Luck
An Old Pro.

THE OUTCOME..... I believe the problem was that the landlord is afraid of those same tenants, she's young. They also decided to stop paying rent until the landlord came by. I ended up sowing discord between the group of five, telling them all different things and when they talked it over they argued among themselves, now I have 4 vacant units but they are all gone and it's quiet.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.