Would I be a good candidate for an Apt. Manager?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Grachuss in San Diego, California

74 months ago

I just bought my first condo in July, I'm a single guy, 28. The reason I want to get in to this field is I want to start investing in Real Estate. I don't know what type of qualifications they look for outside of what's been posted on Craigslist.

Right now I'm working part time as a Bouncer and living off my first time home buyer's credit. I used to do property maintenance when I was a kid but I don't really have any experience outside of dealing with people.

What would I need to do If I wanted to qualify for a job that pays around $1200 per month and gives me free place to live?

Thanks in Advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Phoenix, Arizona

73 months ago

Grachuss in San Diego, California said: I just bought my first condo in July, I'm a single guy, 28. The reason I want to get in to this field is I want to start investing in Real Estate. I don't know what type of qualifications they look for outside of what's been posted on Craigslist.

Right now I'm working part time as a Bouncer and living off my first time home buyer's credit. I used to do property maintenance when I was a kid but I don't really have any experience outside of dealing with people.

What would I need to do If I wanted to qualify for a job that pays around $1200 per month and gives me free place to live?

Thanks in Advance.

To get into Property management, I suggest you get a job as a leasing consultant first. They tour residents, lease apartments and deal with resident issues. In order to get a job in leasing, you must be clean cut and good at selling. I did the job for 6 years and made great money. Most leasing people make $10-$13 per hour plus anywhere from $50-$150 per lease. The drawback to leasing is that you typically work weekends. But its one of those industries where you cant be a manager unless you start at the bottom and work your way up.
Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.