Are apartment manager job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most apartment manager opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Jacqueline in Montebello, California

77 months ago

i am an apartment manager looking a new job where i am working in an a apartment complex that is going to sell need new job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Surfer in Orange, California

76 months ago

This industry will not exist without us.. the apt managers... We collect the rent for the owners... They have to hide a little bit, as they rise every year the rent, and some tenants become furious when meet them... In this recession more people, came to live on apts. because the houses in foreclosure... Now it's the paradise time for rentals... Also this jo it's not affected by recession, because people have to live, and even "Housing" will pay for who can not pay... But I suggest to look for a serious job... this apt management jobs are for beginners, desperate, no vision people...

Will be ok to be a single mom, and have a discount to manage 10 apts... but not to manage 30 apts all your life for free rent only... You have no future.. You are linked to the property, and live with the people of same condition as you... I see on a property 2 "previous / former" managers.. They are late with rent, and pay additional penalty fees time to time.. They received few times "pay or quit 3 days notice"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shelia Hollis in Little Rock, Arkansas

65 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most apartment manager opportunities?

How many employees do complexs usually hire and what titles do they hold?

Christellie in Monrovia, California

65 months ago

The owners need to have a on-site manager or manager couple. They give free rent and small salary and most of the time utilities and cable and phone. If you are a couple ..the male can also do maintenance jobs at building for extra money...get units ready to rent out. Female can have 2nd job and do administration work in evenings. Just make sure to have a good owner who cares about managers. Good luck... You can search on craig Listing under real estate Jobs..on-site apartment manager...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Broke-and-Worried in Hayward, California

65 months ago

I've applied to a few of the 'Leasing Agent' positions. But, I they always want experience. I have plenty of accounting/office experience, just not in apartment leasing. Can anyone supply any advise on how I can word my cover letter? Thanks.

desertstar55 in bermuda dunes, California

65 months ago

calif law no matter what job you do you must be paid at least min wage, if you are to be on the property 8 hrs a day you are to be paid min wage, the apartment cant be given instead of paying you min wage, read the cal law wages, they can get sued for thousands of dollars for doing this.

Charlie Wade in Bay Area, California

61 months ago

Broke-and-Worried in Hayward, California said: I've applied to a few of the 'Leasing Agent' positions. But, I they always want experience. I have plenty of accounting/office experience, just not in apartment leasing. Can anyone supply any advise on how I can word my cover letter? Thanks.

** shrug ** About all you can say is that while you don't have leasing experience, you are more than willing to learn. Also, you might point out the books you've read or training you've taken in it.

You're going to have to show more than a willingness to learn to land a position, though. You can't buy experience but you can show the initiative to get into the field by getting training on your own or at least reading up on leasing issues, protocols, and methods. The less it makes it seem like you need on-the-job training, the more attractive an applicant you'll be.

But really, anything having to do with leasing or apt managing is a TOUGH job to land since there are already so many experienced people out there looking as it is. Someone with little/no experience in the field is going to find it very, very tough to even get an interview.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.