The owners of the building I manage & live in gave my AC to a tenant who already has a functioning AC...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Everyport in Denver, Colorado

64 months ago

The tenants AC is practically new and I was told their AC wasn't working and because they have a newborn baby I was to surrender my AC unit to the tenant for additional AC for their baby. Everyone in the building has AC above the garden level. Its 93degrees and swelteringly hot. I seriously am thinking of shaving my cats because they're so hot. I was told it would be weeks before I would see a replacement. My boss said he'd rather see me suffer than a tenant or their baby!! I can hardly breath in my unit, there is no ventilation in the apartments other than the windows that just wafts in blazing heat. He's been looking for excuses to give out my AC for some reason and I don't think this is legal. I feel this is my workplace and that I am not being provided a safe work environment and that I have been singled out because everyone on my floor has a unit. I'm seriously so hot I cant sleep or perform my duties or sleep. I get no response from my employer when I inquire about this issue. Any advice? Please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T

64 months ago

Dont you have a charge account with any vendors that would come put an AC in for you? I'd just charge it to your company. My ac went out last week and I didnt even call my boss. I figure if she wants me to work she will give me AC. I told her AFTER I had it installed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.