Armed Security

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Keith L in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

If I am PA Act 235 Certified can I freelance as an armed security guard or do I have to work for an agency?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

pete in Blairsville, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

you have to be hired by a pvt entity, that is the only way that the act will cover you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tracie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Thats not true. i work for my self but i want out and got bonded so I could do partys and night clubs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony O in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

the truth is that if you work for an agency you are covered under their incurrence but, if you work for yourself you must have a business license meaning becoming bonded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike P.

73 months ago

Keith L in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: If I am PA Act 235 Certified can I freelance as an armed security guard or do I have to work for an agency?

Thanks.

Just me .02 cents on the matter but I think I would have some type of liability insurance before I venture out on something like that. I would contact PSP barracks and also an insurance agent for comments.Regards, Mike
WWW.WEBSPAWNER.COM/USERS/HWWW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jay in Vineland, New Jersey

73 months ago

Keith L in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: If I am PA Act 235 Certified can I freelance as an armed security guard or do I have to work for an agency?

Thanks.

Looking for great companies that provide superior services for high end clients.
Please visit our web site, complete and submit a business associate standard agreement form. As soon as we receive your form we will start sending you clients in need of your services. We are a “high end” service provider for the most sophisticated travelers that include celebrities, CEO;s etc…. Check us out! At labuonavita.biz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pdechantal@hotmail.com in Medford, Oregon

71 months ago

question:
Looking to get license to carry in N. H.

FedCop66 in Washington, District of Columbia

70 months ago

Thanks.

Hello. Due to the Private Detectives Act of 1953 that is in place in Pennsylvania, no person or business is permitted to hire themselves out as a security guard, armed or not, without first being licensed as a private detective in Pa. Any persone doing so is violating the act is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. The qualifications for the Private Detective License is meant to keep persons without actual Sworn Law Enforcement experience from obtaining such a License. Check the link here for the actual qualifications. www.pali.org/Pennsylvania_Private_Detective_Act_of_1953.pdf
Hope that helps.

John in Clintondale, New York

65 months ago

To get a license in N.H. you might want to try www.packing.org you can go and click on NH and it gives you good info on what you need to do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Clintondale, New York

65 months ago

John in Clintondale, New York said: To get a license in N.H. you might want to try www.packing.org you can go and click on NH and it gives you good info on what you need to do

Sorry guys wrong website let me find it

stanley jenkins in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

im interested in working some personal security for some athletes how do i get in the business who do i need to contact

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

parker in Lanham, Maryland

30 months ago

Can u freelance on the pa act 235 for party's nite clubs and bars etc. I know some guys are doing it that way but I need to know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.