Are armed security officer job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most armed security officer opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

dianne jacobs

104 months ago

where are the jobs in paterson.nj. how do i get a job working for the state? or government jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bernie in Columbia, South Carolina

104 months ago

U.S. Security Associates, Inc., out of Roswell GA says it is the 4th largest Uniformed Security Officer company in the USA, and they DON'T like taking on contracts requiring armed officers - at least in SC. They appear to want the nice, big, clean contracts where SOs dont't exercise their ( state granted ) arrest authority, so as to avoid lawsuits. Of course, if the security company you're dealing with never gets sued, how can they be protecting the client's people & facilities from the criminally-minded?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dianne jacobs in Metuchen, New Jersey

104 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most armed security officer opportunities?

can someone else reply to my email,more than one opinion is good.just want a different perspective.thanku

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Luis T. in Bloomfield, Connecticut

103 months ago

dianne jacobs in Metuchen, New Jersey said: can someone else reply to my email,more than one opinion is good.just want a different perspective.thanku

try USAJOBS.GOV for government jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HD in Hartford, Connecticut

94 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

In the Middle. you yust have to look for it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mr country in Oneida, Tennessee

76 months ago

What is there to comment about? Guard services dont want to be sued, they would rather a guard die then for one to kill and them be sued. I worked many a dangerious job with nothing more then a mag light when i should have been issued a tank!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DEFCON in Newport, Tennessee

72 months ago

If you are going to wear a badge you really need to carry a gun. Why make yourself a target? You cannot secure anything with out a weapon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guard Dog in Allentown, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

DEFCON in Newport, Tennessee said: If you are going to wear a badge you really need to carry a gun. Why make yourself a target? You cannot secure anything with out a weapon.

I fully agree. I have worked in the security industry for 7 years starting at a college campus to Lockheed Martin. Have obtained numerous Protective Officer Certifications, fire arms training, state and federal certs. No matter the job site (armed or not), my life is not worth giving up. I'm going home at the end of the shift. I at least wear a vest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.