What are typical armed security officer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

jason wells in New Brunswick, New Jersey

91 months ago

when you find out let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Hackensack, New Jersey

91 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

what is the starting salary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Luis T. in Bloomfield, Connecticut

86 months ago

dianne jacobs in Metuchen, New Jersey said: what qualification do i need to become an armed officer.Is there a aptitude test i need to take?what other test do i need to qualify.thanks dianne in paterson,nj

It's funny some companies Pay between 15 & 20 per hour and some Pay slave labor wages. In order to be a great armed guard and get paid your just due you have to broker yourself to the highest paying contractor in your state. Sometimes relocation is the only option to land a job in a good contract. Make sure to get your pistol permit and become proficient, anyone can get NRA endorsed but only a true operator takes his/her craft seriously, and it will show at the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Mia in Stuart, Florida

66 months ago

Please let me know where to go to get paid $15 or $20 in hour I only make $12 in hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Nate in Grand Rapids, Michigan

65 months ago

This seems to be problematic - it seems as though all of my employment competition is coming from military or law enforcement background. Without either of those backgrounds, I would imagine that my app would continually be shuffled to the bottom of the stack, untimately resulting in working for a 2nd rate company if any. Think this is a safe assumption? Ideally, I'd like to gain the training necessary to instruct handgun, but again, background becomes an issue, as well as a likely lack of clientelle(?) And again, these courses are so expensive!! Front Sight - thousands, aside from the $1500 in ammo they ask you to have. This is looking less and less like a realistic goal for the civilian.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

John in Clintondale, New York

65 months ago

I started working part-time with armored cars and the pay sucks,then I got hooked up with a small company that did private security such as body guard,concerts etc all part-time stuff until I got my foot in the door then it started comimg together,I worked a lot of crap details but It payed off.As far as training yup its expensive,thats why I'm starting my own Business afew more courses i'll be done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bluetopaz in Brooklyn, New York

65 months ago

How much it cost to became armed guard @New York city.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

John in Wallkill, New York

65 months ago

bluetopaz in Brooklyn, New York said: How much it cost to became armed guard @New York city.?

Upstate here most places charge 600.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Thomas in North Arlington, New Jersey

65 months ago

what are good reputable companies in NY? I'm currently working on my carrying permit and have prior military.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

meedoodiehoo in West Islip, New York

64 months ago

feehoodiedoo in West Islip, New York said: do the security peoples take me with a bad back disability and a handgun???
also i cant hea goods in one ear and is a little blind in one eyes.

if you got a back trouble you aint apreahentioning a criminals so go work in someone else job less fissikall

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Mike 219 in New York, New York

51 months ago

Thomas in North Arlington, New Jersey said: what are good reputable companies in NY? I'm currently working on my carrying permit and have prior military.

How are you getting your carry permit ? I need mines but 1 Police plaza is telling me i need to be employed by a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kumiya6 in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GOOD COMPANY THAT TAKE PRIDE AND INSTREST IN THEIR OFFICER SO FAR I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY THE PAY RATE IS BAD ANY WHERE FROM 8.50 HR TO 10.50 AND THAT'S TOO LOW I WORK VERY HARD AND I NEED TO BE PAID TO CARRY A FIREARM TO SERVE AND PROTECT JUST LIKE A POLICE OFFFICER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

JPMora in Orlando, Florida

23 months ago

Thomas in North Arlington, New Jersey said: what are good reputable companies in NY? I'm currently working on my carrying permit and have prior military.

There used to be a company in Midtown that went by the name of International Bureau for Protection and Investigation, Guardsmark, Allied Barton are some. The better companies get the jobs for the DoD, and because of that, they need better officers. Most security companies with nickle and dime you on everything.
Private colleges pay more (Columbia University, Cornell, NYU, are just some). Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Steve C45 in Mahwah, New Jersey

13 months ago

I took the 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight. The instructors are amazing. It was so good I became a life member allowing me to take any class free for the rest of my life (everyone pays a $50 annual backround check). As most of you know the 4 day classes cost $2,000! If you are interested I can get you a lifetime membership for a cost far below what a class cost. Send me an email if interested. scarr_25@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.