What are the best assembler qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an assembler? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective assembler?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Sherry Bloom in Orlando, Florida

96 months ago

J-STD-001D the workmanship Certification from IPC. I don't know where you live, but their is a school in Orlando Florida that will Certify you to that standard. Please visit their website www.justet.com which is recognized global.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chacha in Pico Rivera, California

73 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming an assembler? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective assembler?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

I have the J-STD-001 certification and 25+ yr. as a hydraulic electromechanical assembler and test experience. The company I used to work for moved out of state. I've been out of work for a month but even though I've been sending resumes, I haven't got any response whatsoever. There are a few jobs out there, but there are thousands of people looking for this kind of job that it's hard to get the job. Your best bet is to look for something else like in the health industry. No matter where you are people are going to get sick. Sorry for being so blunt!! Hope this helped you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Oviedo, Florida

66 months ago

Sherry Bloom in Orlando, Florida said: J-STD-001D the workmanship Certification from IPC. I don't know where you live, but their is a school in Orlando Florida that will Certify you to that standard. Please visit their website www.justet.com which is recognized global.

Sherry I tried that site and it isn't in english...thanks Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sherry Bloom in Sanford, Florida

65 months ago

We have been working on our web site;so please try again. We are located in Orlando FL close to the airport.
Thanks sherry
sherry@justets.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

chacha in Pico Rivera, California said: I have the J-STD-001 certification and 25+ yr. as a hydraulic electromechanical assembler and test experience. The company I used to work for moved out of state. I've been out of work for a month but even though I've been sending resumes, I haven't got any response whatsoever. There are a few jobs out there, but there are thousands of people looking for this kind of job that it's hard to get the job. Your best bet is to look for something else like in the health industry. No matter where you are people are going to get sick. Sorry for being so blunt!! Hope this helped you.

Some Companies are also looking for the 610 Certification (quality) and 620 Certification (wires and harness). We just certified three girls for 620 because that was the certification the company was looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Oviedo, Florida

65 months ago

Sherry do you work at Justice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Yes I work at Justice Electronic Training Servic Inc. It is located in Orlando Fl close to the Orlando Airport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

urgent in Colorado Springs, Colorado

47 months ago

none

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.