Top asset protection associate skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every asset protection associate must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your asset protection associate expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

"Ocho" in Lubbock, Texas

77 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every asset protection associate must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your asset protection associate expertise?

Patience, Awareness, Fearless are probably the best three traits I can come up with. In order to make it in this profession I recommend that an associate should simply relax and walk into work with the mentality of a typical shopper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

76 months ago

"Ocho" in Lubbock, Texas said: Patience, Awareness, Fearless are probably the best three traits I can come up with. In order to make it in this profession I recommend that an associate should simply relax and walk into work with the mentality of a typical shopper.

I disagree with the "fearless" portion. A typical workman’s comp claim will cost far more than the value of the theft (this will enrage any employer and could cost you your job). Be fearful of everybody and you will learn to go home at the end of your shift instead of to the hospital or morgue.

I agree with everything else. Think of items that you would shop for, hang out in the high theft areas of the store, as well as the most popular areas for the merchandise to be concealed. Always carry at least one piece of merchandise with you at all times (preferable light and small in size).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.