Online Nursing programs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

kimberlygrant in Indianapolis, Indiana

92 months ago

Does anyone know about any online nursing programs for either LPN or Associates Degree RN? I am not currently a nurse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RDA in San Leandro, California

92 months ago

To become a nurse of any kind you must attend a school not on line. This is because there are so many things you need to learn how to do on patients with patients and for the patient. You will be part of a vital team and could possibly help save someones life and you can't get that online. To many things to list that nurses do, you should research the nursing programs at your local colleges or vocational schools.
The training available online is if your already a nurse, a lot of schools offer additional classes so a nurse can earn a higher degree. But not the initial nursing classes which are anatomy & physiology, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, externship at your local hospital learning and training on patients, learning how to give shots and draw blood, taking vitals, so much to learn.

When I googled nursing schools for your area I see that ITT tech offers a nursing program and so does a few of the local colleges in your area. You should really look into them. Best of luck to you :O)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tgoddard@*****.*** in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

91 months ago

kimberlygrant in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Does anyone know about any online nursing programs for either LPN or Associates Degree RN? I am not currently a nurse.

I would look at Kaplan, University of Pheonix. I have been a Professor of Nursing for 20 years, and I disagree with the above comment that no one should complete their nursing classes on line. A lot of learning can occur outside the formal classroom. It depends upon the student.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.