What are the best assistant retail store manager qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an assistant retail store manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective assistant retail store manager?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Columbus, Ohio

109 months ago

Being an assistant retail store manager for approximately 5 years now, I've found that this position is an ever changing one. New training and new qualifications are always needed, and always offered. You have to be able to move in a fast paced high pressure environment, with change of direction very often. You have to be able, in the event of your store managers absence to maintain the staff, duties, and tasks asked of you, and be able to do them quickly and effectively.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kristina in Toronto, Ontario

93 months ago

I've been an assistant retail store manager for two years now. I got the position right out of college without any prior management experience. The reason why I got it is because I received a diploma in Fashion Merchandising/Retail Management. I would definately recommend checking to see if any local colleges around you offer something related to that. It will teach you the ins and out of the industry and how to manage your associates and you'll defiantely be prepared to be an assistant!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sunitapanchal in Bombay, India

78 months ago

well would like to know what are the growth prospects in the front office like becoming an asst store manager u'll than gt promoted to the store manager...what is the futher growth prospects......also would like to know that in as i m a graduate in commerce,also done fashion designing and merchandising, currenlty done PGDRM ie., a post graduation diploma in retail management can i gat a back office job like buying and merchandising or marketing and so on and also what are the growth prospects........waiting fr the reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.