What do you enjoy most about your assistant store manager career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being an assistant store manager? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Doris816 in Hayward, California

47 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being an assistant store manager? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Becoming a retail assistant manager is a much better working experience than remaining just a lowly drone worker. It is the natural progression for those who enjoy a little more control over their lives.
For one thing, you literally have only one person to answer to and report to, the manager, and not two, three or more
individuals as when you started in retail. As an assistant manager you can pretty much plan your day as you see fit and feel accomplished at the end of the day. You also have the power to enlist the help of the retail workers to accomplish your goals. The number one challenge I find is keeping the employees under my supervision happy and willing to work hard and assist me when I need them to do an outstanding job. I like a clean and organized sales floor and back stock warehouse at all times. I take the lead selling, organizing and even scrubbing the toilets to try and set the example for them that hard work and positive living will lead to happy customers and increased sales and ultimately money in our own pockets!
And of course for assistant managers there is the possibility to become a manager which is a big salary boost!
Assistant managing is an opportunity to learn, mature and grow as an individual.
I recommend it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.