What are the best associate chemist qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an associate chemist? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective associate chemist?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Ramy El-Helw in New York, New York

88 months ago

Hi,

I was hired as a chemist out of college. I got my bachelors in biology and a minor in chemistry,

I had not a clue about the nature of the work. All i know is that they offered me a great salary and i was willing to learn whatever they were goign to throw at me.

associate chemist positions give anyone out of college a fantastic oppurtunity to make alot of money and some corperations such as the one i work for even offer to pay you to advance y our education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Charleston, West Virginia

88 months ago

I also have a bs in biology with a chem minor. However, after graduation I went into sales and have not used my degree in 6 yrs. I am looking to get back into something that will utilize my degree. Do you think it would be possible for me to start over as a chemist? If so, what companies would be a good place to look? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yurranii in Clifton, New Jersey

88 months ago

hi,
i am a chemistry student in bergen community college, trying to tranfer to a 4 year college.
i am looking for a job, but i dont know where to start, i dont know where to apply.
all companies are looking for experienced people but no training, but how can i have experience when nobody is willing to train,

i need some kind of guidence???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.