What are typical associate producer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

pamela in Bethesda, Maryland

95 months ago

It can range from 800 a week upto 1200/1300 a week when you are more experienced - also depends o the town... I notice LA pays less because AP's are a dime a dozen out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

lb in Los Angeles, California

95 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

This coming from an Executive at a major studio in Los Angeles, 'Associate Producer on a Feature can be paid at about $1500-1750 per week, going upward, depending upon the film's budget, your experience, your envolvement, your specific roles as the A.P. and political issues'. A.P. payment is usually contractual but not always. It depends on whether you are a staff employee, solely contractual for that particular project, or both staff and contractual.

Depending on the needs of the production, your background could be useful for one production and not another. My advice, as I am doing currently, is READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON, so when you go to interview (anywhere they are willing to take you under their wings), you'll be at least familiar with the structure of the entire production process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Broomall, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

How much do you know????
There may be a lot of wannabe associate producers but there are only so many positions available at any time. I recommend that you have your degree in journalism and are able to think on your feet. As far as the salary, this depends on the show, network or not...your experience and also your likeability in the industry. It is hard to sustain a position unless you are exceptional.....not one of the dime a dozen Pamela thinks.....Maryland is a serious far cry from LA. You get paid what you are worth.....long hours, regardless of the pay...this position appeals to the creative type. Pamela, get a life...perhaps as an intern working for Jay Leno....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.