City of Chicago written test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

scarlett in Chicago, Illinois

48 months ago

Has anyone take the written skills test during an interview to be an attorney with the City of Chicago? I have an interview scheduled and I have no idea what to expect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WendyJ15 in Chicago, Illinois

8 months ago

Did you take the test? What was it like? Thanks

Scarlett in Chicago, Illinois

8 months ago

WendyJ15 in Chicago, Illinois said: Did you take the test? What was it like? Thanks

They never had me take it. But the interview was strange -- they ask questions and you answer but you can't follow up like a normal conversation. They want to keep it fair for everyone, so it's just question/answer. The questions were what you'd expect: about experience, background, etc.

8 months ago

Wow, thanks for the reply. Did you end up getting the job? Any interview prep advice?

8 months ago

Wow, thanks for the fast reply. Did you get the job? Any interview prep advice? Thanks!

Scarlett in Chicago, Illinois

8 months ago

WendyJ15 in Chicago, Illinois said: Wow, thanks for the reply. Did you end up getting the job? Any interview prep advice?

I did get an offer but did not take it (personal reasons, nothing with them). Prep advice is basic because as I said they asked typical, reasonable questions. Explain your background, what's one of your faults, etc. it was so long ago, I don't remember anything specific.

8 months ago

Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.