Top Audio Engineer skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every Audio Engineer must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your Audio Engineer expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

audiophile in Ozark, Missouri

63 months ago

hi there. In my opinion I think that your ability to focus on a project is the most important. Also working with people you like is important. Just never stop learning cuz when u do the world will pass u by

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DAMEDOO in Long Beach, California

52 months ago

In many ways, some would say anyone who can hear that missing "something" in a vocal track, or be able to utilize the recording program (pro tools, reason, acid, etc.) as fast and efficiently as possible is most important skill [accuracy/speed] but I say it would all depend on the individual and the individual situation(s).... Good luck on your search!

Peace & Blessings,
DAMEDOO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Diz in Wadsworth, Ohio

43 months ago

A great engineer, has to search out the heart of the work, be able to use the tools out of no conscience to make your music, something to aw at. That takes time but it can be accomplished. eq, dynamics, compression, instrumentation, vocal enhancing based on the instrumentation,, and the tech level to know what gear is appropriate for your budget, and situation!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Diz in Wadsworth, Ohio

43 months ago

A great engineer, has to search out the heart of the work, be able to use the tools out of no conscience to make your music, something to aw at. That takes time but it can be accomplished. eq, dynamics, compression, instrumentation, vocal enhancing based on the instrumentation,, and the tech level to know what gear is appropriate for your budget, and situation!
www.proinstrumentals.com

When I said no conscience I mean, just really dig into the work, pay attention to the mood, to sweat the small stuff,, just make things work together, and clean them up does not always make the clear,, clear the whole picture, not just the vocal, or the sweet guitar, tell them when things aren;t working, but don't get pushy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gabe in Casa Grande, Arizona

22 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every Audio Engineer must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your Audio Engineer expertise?

Never overwork your ears. If you're sick, tired, intoxicated, wait until the next day to mix.

Always be ready to learn, not every studio is the same, and not every engineer will use the same technique. Keep your eyes open, and maybe you'll pick some stuff up.

Be reliable and deliver nothing but quality to the client. If the client walks away happy with their mix, then your mission is accomplished.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.