Getting an audiologist job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing audiologist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Ann McGuire in New York, New York

62 months ago

Hi,

I'm considering attending the AuD program at Montclaire State University. I am very interested in many aspects of audiology but I worry about the job market - according to the jobs outlook Audiology is rated as fair but cautions that since the field is so small that there are very few openings. I have read troubling things on forums, from Audiologists scrambling around doing part time on-call work with no benefits to Audiologists being replaced by hearing technicians with only on-the-job training. What is your feeling about the health of the Audiology field at this time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cliff Carey in Syracuse, New York

62 months ago

The Hearing Healthcare field is alive and well! There is huge need for driven, caring individuals looking for a fulfilling career. There are less and less qualified people entering the field at a time when the need for the services we provide has never been greater. I say: jump in with both feet and finish as quickly as you can because there are many jobs available!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

AudiologistNY in New York, New York

52 months ago

There are many "bad" audiology jobs out there to be had. There are also many part time, low pay, no benefits jobs. The full time permanent jobs are not so available, and the ones that are - are essentially hearing aid pushing jobs.

At the same time, this can be a great career if you are looking for something part time without benefits. So if you are married and this is a second income career, it can be wonderful. The really good, high paying jobs are very few and far between.

There are many more audiologists than there are jobs, especially now with the Au.D programs graduating more and more audiologists.

Heather in Villa Rica, Georgia

43 months ago

By being hired into Audiology jobs at Starkey Hearing Technologies, you’ll be a key member of the Starkey Hearing Technologies team. Professionals in Audiology careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business.jobs.starkeygroup.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.