How to converte PDF to DWG?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

douglas a the in Jakarta, Indonesia

82 months ago

that is would be eassy, you can get win2pdf,as a printed way then selec printer win2pdf,will be shown, as the way how to printed standart,

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

douglas a the in Jakarta, Indonesia

81 months ago

is it can? if it can,could you tell me please,,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

syed younus in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

73 months ago

Oraxis in Wallingford, Connecticut said: pdf can not be coverted into dwg. (autocad extension)

when somebody sends you a pdf file is because they don't want the file to be modified. also they send it pdf so that anyone can see the drawing, becasue not everyone has autocad.

..plz tell me pdf convert in dwg.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wanderer in Saint Louis, Missouri

73 months ago

Oraxis has a good point, please make sure you're allowed to do this conversion by the file originator (if it is not you for some reason) and you are not breaking any agreements.

discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=684463

anydwg.com/pdf-to-dwg.html

www.autodwg.com/pdf-to-dwg-converter/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jmarcial22 in San Jacinto, California

69 months ago

you can open the pdf and save it as a TIFF, then you can insert it to AutoCAD as a image or go to Map then Insert TIFF, then scale it to whatever scale it is, Example 1"=40' or 1"=20'. Just draw a line or insert any additions you want. You can also remove some linework or text by doing IMAGE CLIP, you could crop something out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Devils_i in Calgary, Alberta

69 months ago

Use R2V...I think it will work...raster to vector file conversion software..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

I hate to tell you this but the .pdf format is not to scale. it is like a picture of a drawing. A couple of years ago AutoCAD came out with southware to convert .pdf to.dwg but it really did not work
well at all.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Providence, North Carolina

57 months ago

jmarcial22 gave about the best way. Convert the PDF to a TIFF and insert into autocad (Use MAP, IMAGE, INSERT then your TIFF file name).One tweek to this is if you have some part of the image you want to remove you can use Picasa 3 to make some pretty cool edits prior to inserting it into the dwg. Regardless it will still be an image and not have any of the associated line work with it.

flubjub is also dead on, it is the easiest way to show multiple entities (clients) a drawing without them having the AutoCad software. Adobe Reader is free, Hello.

One more point.. if you are working for a client that is using you and another firm you can have your client request that the CAD file be made available to you. My company has had to do this in the past.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Providence, North Carolina

57 months ago

Mark in Atlanta, Georgia said: I hate to tell you this but the .pdf format is not to scale. it is like a picture of a drawing. A couple of years ago AutoCAD came out with southware to convert .pdf to.dwg but it really did not work
well at all.......

That is true but like jmarcial22 stated... You can scale the image to match the scale of the drawing. Just draw a line in autocad over a line on the image and scale the image up/down until the line matches the length of the dimension on the image. Granted this is not as accurate as AutoCad can be but it will be close, maybe close enough depending on the application.

doug in Jakarta, Indonesia

57 months ago

now i see, coz i found the software already, and i try it, its work,but not .dwg extension but .dxf, doesn't metter coz DWG and DXF still can work in autoCAD, and converting result doesn't scale, and all the line like dimension,block will separately each one by one,

thank's in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

andy in Rijeka, Croatia

37 months ago

douglas a the in Jakarta, Indonesia said: is it can? if it can,could you tell me please,,

Easily done with Normica View Pro. www.normica.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gwurfel in Fremont, California

36 months ago

Try the pdf to dwg converter that can convert PDF to DWG or DXF files directly and easily with high quality.
www.pdf-to-dwg-converter.com
www.axsware.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

esfahan in Esfahan, Iran, Islamic Republic of

35 months ago

a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Perfect007 in Princeton, New Jersey

30 months ago

You can try www.formatconversion.biz/ for high quality pdf to dwg conversion. Even there is 10% discount on the first order or use www.designpresentation.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AlvinEBaker in Anonymous Proxy

30 months ago

I strongly recommend AutoDWG pdf to dwg,good converting process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rollmann in New York, New York

27 months ago

douglas a the in Jakarta, Indonesia said: that is would be eassy, you can get win2pdf,as a printed way then selec printer win2pdf,will be shown, as the way how to printed standart,

Good Luck

We are using Aide converter, www.aidecad.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Winifred in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

I clearly know this is a long ago thread, i am juat curious about pdf convertion, this is my favourite pdf to dwg, jpg,jpeg,and other image format conversion component.www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-converting/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Winifred in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

I clearly know this is a long ago thread, i am juat curious about pdf convertion, this is my favourite pdf to dwg, jpg,jpeg,and other <a href="www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-converting/">image format conversion component</a>.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

adlike in San Jose, California

13 months ago

Peter in Providence, North Carolina said: jmarcial22 gave about the best way. Convert the PDF to a TIFF and insert into autocad (Use MAP, IMAGE, INSERT then your TIFF file name).One tweek to this is if you have some part of the image you want to remove you can use Picasa 3 to make some pretty cool edits prior to inserting it into the dwg. Regardless it will still be an image and not have any of the associated line work with it.

flubjub is also dead on, it is the easiest way to show multiple entities (clients) a drawing without them having the AutoCad software. Adobe Reader is free, Hello.

One more point.. if you are working for a client that is using you and another firm you can have your client request that the CAD file be made available to you. My company has had to do this in the past.

i support <a href="www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/pdf-convert-tiff/">convert pdf to tiff vb.net</a>

adlike in San Jose, California

13 months ago

adlike in San Jose, California said: i support <a href=" www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/pdf-convert-tiff/">convert pdf to tiff vb.net</a>

check here : www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/pdf-convert-tiff/

arron lee in California

12 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

arron lee in California

12 months ago

Here is some tutorials about how to do the image and document conversion work using C#:
www.yiigo.com/guides/csharp/how-to-convert.shtml
I hope it helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Wertman in San Francisco, California

11 months ago

I work with AutoCAD files and have some PDF files that need to edit, I have tried Aide CAD converter - www.aidecad.com/pdf-to-dwg.html, but buying one licence would be expensive as I wouldn't need it very frequently. Actually, I can attach the PDF as an underlay in AutoCAD 2010.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JANETKISSHO in SYDNEY, Australia

8 months ago

you can go here regarding cad conversion www.4shared.com/u/qv_d_3s5/webmaster.html
This site has helped me a lot during my cad course

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.