my old ford

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

mark in Midland City, Alabama

83 months ago

i have a 1988 ford f150 with a fuel injected 5.0 when the pcv valve is in the truck it stalls quite often either when in drive or when just idling when i take out the pcv valve it doesnt stll but when im am idling it slightly revs up on its on does any one have an idea on what it could be

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mark in Midland City, Alabama

83 months ago

there are new plugs in it and wires im thinking maybe it is the idle air control valve or something like

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moe20017 in Morrill, Nebraska

80 months ago

Check to see if your thottle plate is carboned uo if it is u can buy a can of top eng cleaner dont do what they say on the can just take the air cleaner hose off and clean the thottle plate the best u can.(if u try to run it it will set a mass air. sen. code)

scott in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

I have worked on fords for 27 years. There is a screen like or piece of foam
like substance under the pcv valve.It is plugged.You need a special tool to remove it.Then you can clean it or replace it.I Recommend replacing it.See your local dealer for a new one.This will repair this concern.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

butch in Stony Point, New York

69 months ago

mark in Midland City, Alabama said: i have a 1988 ford f150 with a fuel injected 5.0 when the pcv valve is in the truck it stalls quite often either when in drive or when just idling when i take out the pcv valve it doesnt stll but when im am idling it slightly revs up on its on does any one have an idea on what it could be

did you do any test on the mass air flow sensor????

STEVE in Kissimmee, Florida

63 months ago

mark in Midland City, Alabama said: i have a 1988 ford f150 with a fuel injected 5.0 when the pcv valve is in the truck it stalls quite often either when in drive or when just idling when i take out the pcv valve it doesnt stll but when im am idling it slightly revs up on its on does any one have an idea on what it could be

CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY

artman in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

there is a possiblility that the intake gasket is broken between intake ports under the plenium,,, its a common thing on them 5.0s

artman in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

also take off the idle air control valve and see it the seat is seated when key is off,, then turn key on and see if it moves the pintle to and open posistion,, that will comfirm if it is operating,,,,, u might wanna watch it and let someone else turn the key on for u,,,,,

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.