remote starter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Treig Sanow in Marshall, Minnesota

84 months ago

I don't know much about this, so I was hoping someone could help. My mechanic is having trouble installing a remote starter in a chrystler town and country van. The problem is the motor won't turn over long enough to start. Does anyone know why this might be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moe20017 in Morrill, Nebraska

80 months ago

Tell him to check just to be sure it didn't switch to tach mode.I recintly installed one and it drove me nuts.Mine was a bulldog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J R Adams in Duluth, Georgia

79 months ago

Treig Sanow in Marshall, Minnesota said: I don't know much about this, so I was hoping someone could help. My mechanic is having trouble installing a remote starter in a chrystler town and country van. The problem is the motor won't turn over long enough to start. Does anyone know why this might be?

I can help you after work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jalworley in Anderson, South Carolina

62 months ago

Treig Sanow in Marshall, Minnesota said: I don't know much about this, so I was hoping someone could help. My mechanic is having trouble installing a remote starter in a chrystler town and country van. The problem is the motor won't turn over long enough to start. Does anyone know why this might be?

if your van has a anti theft device from factory you will have to buy a interface bypass adapter to bypass the anti theft some requir an extra key and some dont pull up the manufactor of the remote start on line and type in what kind of car you have and it will tell you if you need it or not more than likely that is your problem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

62 months ago

jalworley in Anderson, South Carolina said: if your van has a anti theft device from factory you will have to buy a interface bypass adapter to bypass the anti theft some requir an extra key and some dont pull up the manufactor of the remote start on line and type in what kind of car you have and it will tell you if you need it or not more than likely that is your problem

your key may have a chip in it. You may need to post a spare key under your dash.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Bourbonnais, Illinois

48 months ago

moe20017 in Morrill, Nebraska said: Tell him to check just to be sure it didn't switch to tach mode.I recintly installed one and it drove me nuts.Mine was a bulldog.

Yes I agree! I just got done with a come back on a 2002 chevy impala. Switched the remotes start to voltage sensing mode from tach mode and it did the trick. Starts every time now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.