To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every automotive sales representative must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your automotive sales representative expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

mohamedeid92@yahoo.com in Cary, North Carolina

95 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every automotive sales representative must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your automotive sales representative expertise?

land em ,drive em ,work number

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Moss Miller in Bronx, New York

95 months ago

Get control of the customer by asking the right questions. Get the customer to trust you by being interested in their needs. Close by helping them choose the right model for their needs and budget.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

joe harris in Saukville, Wisconsin

94 months ago

become their friend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chevy_trey in San Antonio, Texas

89 months ago

If you plan to make good money work bell to bell. Be there when the Boss gets in and leaves each day. Prepare for bad weeks, when you work straight commission remember about charge backs, etc that dealers take from your check,many dealers charge PACK fees which can direly effect your paycheck, work for spiffs as they can add up to several hundred dollars a month in bonus cash, grab every HALF DEAL you can.......cause the other salemen are going to grab yours when you don't work bell to bell. But it's fun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Howdy! Can I sell you a car!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Portsmouth, Virginia

85 months ago

The best in the business are focused. Ready for every opportunity. You ask what does that mean, in part it means know your inventory, models, equipment, cost, have the most marketable products in your mind whenever someone walks in the door you know what will fit their bill. Secondly, have tenacity, don't believe the "Manager" has all the answers, its a teach yourself business, so rise to the top. Want to learn more listen more, and I mean to other top Sales Professionals, the ones in the trenches everyday. Your best sales trainer are those two radar antenna's on the side of your head. Listen, Listen, and then listen again. When another sales professional is with a customer in negotiation, training is on, be available, you'll learn more from being a fly on the wall, but stay out of sight. Be light hearted with your customers, if they're not having fun, its over at any price. Remember if they like you, they will be less critical and more patient if you screw up along the way a couple of times. Remember people like to buy, and hate to be sold. Listen to their conversations intently, read the body language, have fun. There is a reason Sales Professionals are still needed, display can't smile back at them and read all the buys signs the customers are sending back at them. It's a people business, vehicles are only the by product. Just a couple of other points and then I'll get off the soap box. (Are ya relieved, lol.) Position yourself with a great company, despite the old steriotype "Most" Sales Professionals get great satisfaction with the Customer being satisfied at the end. Music to their ears are, "Thanks for not being a pushy Salesperson". And "I had no intention of buying a vehicle when I came in here today, says the customer with a smile on their face.
Last, always call the customer back after the purchase within 24 hrs. from delivery, not because you can check it off, because it is the classy thing to do. Finally, get organized, have a contact system in place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Needed nice cheap used car for poor preacher! If you have a used car a great friend friend whom lost his car in Hurricane Ike and needs a replacement, nothing fancy or new just a car for his ministry. Must be inexpensive as he is disabled and on Social Security but still works as a minister. Can you help. HEY DEALERS: Maybe you have a nice trade in for around $1000. If so call me TODAY, just go to Google & put my name & San Antonio in search engine for my telephone number.
THanks & God bless.

Trey Bernhardt * San Antonio * BMW Lawn Care *

jon in Woodside, New York

67 months ago

absolutely correct on all points. been doin it for 30 yrs.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.