Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing baker work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

JEANNIE MONDAY in Lakeland, Florida

82 months ago

MY GOAL WHEN I WENT TO WORK FOR PUBLIX WAS TO BE BEHIND THAT TABLE MIXING THE DOUGH AND HAVING THAT JUST RIGHT PRETTY AS A PICTURE BREAD.AND GUESS WHAT I AM THERE IM NOT A FULL TIME BAKER I DON'T EVEN HAE THAT TITLE I AM A BAKERY CLERK. I MIX AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK AND I HAVE BEEN SINCE MAY I STARTED WITH PUBLIX IN FEB. I LOVE WHAT I DO I LOVE PEOPLE AND I COULDN'T HAVE CHOOSEN A BETTER JOB.COSTUMER SERVICE IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM SELLING THAT PRODUCT MAKING MONEY .IT'S GREAT.MIXING IS A VERY REWARDING JOB YOUR BREAD IS DONE RIGHT YOU SELL IT TO THE COSTUMER THE STORE MAKES MONEY THE BAKERY MAKES MONEY AND YOU MAKE MONEY SEE EVERYBODY WINS.... ANY WHO IT'S A GREAT POSITION IF YOUR LUCKY TO GET THE OPERTUNITY TO DO IT.THANK PUBLIX FOR GIVING ME SUCH A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

zukabaker in Lynbrook, New York

81 months ago

You need to be willing to put in the hours. I have been in the trade over 20 years and I started at the bottom cleaningthe pans and floors and have worked my way uo to managment position.
I worked and stayed whenever I got the chance just so that I could learn from the other bakers. I worked with them and learned how to mix, bench work the ovens and all of that.

That is how I did it and I think that I had a great education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.