Bank Teller Interview soon - help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

KobeBryan in San Diego, California

42 months ago

Greetings indeed/Bank Teller forum,

I was looking for potential jobs prior to attending college this Fall & I applied for a teller position in SD.
Problem is I have no experience at all in regards to customer service/ not too familiar with how bank tellers function and what they should know, etc.

I have minimal cash handling experience as well - so any advice/tips would be very beneficial.
I'm good with computers (various systems) and can communicate well with people.

Question is, what are some key things that I should know prior to the interview? anyone who has been through this process before have any things to add to what I should expect? Things I should emphasize? bank terms? or mention?

THanks so much Indeed posters, and I appreciate any help

-KB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alison Deane in New York, New York

5 months ago

Well, first of all, you do not need this experience to become a bank teller.

If you can demonstrate your sales skills, your orientation on the customer and good communication skills, they may hire you. Doesn't matter you have little experience. Training program will prepare you for the job.

What to expect?
Why do you want to become a bank teller?
Why did you choose our bank?
How would you convince the customer to become a client of this bank?
What do you know about our bank?
Have you ever worked at a bank before?
Talk about a successful sales experience.
What characterize a good teller from your point of view?
Give an example of you dealing with an irate customer and what you did to fix the problem?
Give an example of a time you made a point to go above and beyond with customer service.
What would you do if you saw a fellow employee take $100 that belonged to the bank?
What banking products do you personally use and why?
What are your salary expectations?

Source: banktellerinterviewquestions.com

If you want, you can find the answers to the questions on the website. I used it prior to my interview too..

GL to you,
Alison

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.