Bank teller's opinion

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Andrea in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey

45 months ago

Hello, I just graduated high school not to long ago, in June, to be exact. I started college in July and majoring in finance. I have been seeking for a bank teller job but have had no luck. I only have had one job, a bagel store, which I work in the weekends and when I have of from school. I have been working there for a good 7 years and I am now 19. I started working since I was 13. But I have learned a lot from it, money handling, invoices, excellent customer service. I love my job but I want to move more up and get experience in a bank. I also have management skills. Also I compare financial sales at the end of every weekend. Is there anything else I can do to get hired? Is just having one job as experience good enough? I'm not so much in it for the pay, but for the experience. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

45 months ago

I worked at a bank. I would play up your money handiling skills if I were you. I wouldnt tell them that you just worked there summer, and weekends. Apply to as many as possible. If you apply to five at least one should call you back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey

45 months ago

thank you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.