Skipping the teller position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Game Chicken in Vancouver, British Columbia

65 months ago

I have a few friends who have a BA in Economics and a minor in Business Administration. They had no previous banking experience but they managed to get jobs as Personal Bankers (3rd position up from bank teller, I think). The banks they work for paid for their CSC (Canadian Securities Course).

I just got a job as a teller and to be honest, I really don't like it. I don't like dealing with customers all the time. I notice that positions higher than bank tellers don't have to deal with people as much as I do.

I wonder how they didn't have to become tellers to get their present job. Since I am new in the scene, they expect me to meet a monthly quota but I am still learning how to post transactions in their complicated system and as well, I go to school full-time. I am really stressed out and nervous since it's a lot of information to take in.

Any advice or comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Great feedback guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Wow, this forum is full of pompous, ignorant snobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK A-HOLES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chicken Game in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia

64 months ago

p.s how did you get a job as a bank teller? did you apply in person or online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chicken Game in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia

64 months ago

Game Chicken in Vancouver, British Columbia said: I have a few friends who have a BA in Economics and a minor in Business Administration. They had no previous banking experience but they managed to get jobs as Personal Bankers (3rd position up from bank teller, I think). The banks they work for paid for their CSC (Canadian Securities Course).

I just got a job as a teller and to be honest, I really don't like it. I don't like dealing with customers all the time. I notice that positions higher than bank tellers don't have to deal with people as much as I do.

I wonder how they didn't have to become tellers to get their present job. Since I am new in the scene, they expect me to meet a monthly quota but I am still learning how to post transactions in their complicated system and as well, I go to school full-time. I am really stressed out and nervous since it's a lot of information to take in.

Any advice or comments?

how did you get a job as a bank teller did you apply as a person or online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Game Chicken in Coquitlam, British Columbia

63 months ago

Chicken Game in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia said: how did you get a job as a bank teller did you apply as a person or online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lol in Ottawa, Ontario

62 months ago

lol retard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lmao in Springfield, Missouri

58 months ago

LMAO, that's awesome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

o.O in Los Angeles, California

41 months ago

HAHAHAHA!!! wait.. did you say you applied in person or online??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

41 months ago

This IS funny. I'm laughing my ace too.

o.O in Los Angeles, California

41 months ago

wait.... i'm really confused now.. ahh this is not good lol.. "how did you get a job as a bank teller did you apply as a person or online?" regardless of how you apply, let it be online or IN person at the branch, you will have to do it as a person... I highly doubt they are hiring any non-person at the moment.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.