Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

dragonwalker in Canoga Park, California

45 months ago

Woodland Hills, California

1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I've just started working at Citibank as a new teller for the last month and I have been doing alright on referrals but I really want to shine when it comes to referrals so I can get promoted to become a banker.

I want to know some tips I should follow or consider to get those referrals rolling in. My branch minimum goal is 2 per day which is pretty tough but I think I can do it but more help would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kanivakil in Oxnard, California

38 months ago

Just curious, how much sales experience do you have? Do you consider yourself a talented sales person? Do you have a co-employee that outshines the other average tellers (two referrals per shift)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dragonfly22588 in Woodland Hills, California

38 months ago

I have some sales experience. There is another co employee that is doing very well but has no intention of doing anything else but being a teller.

In the months that I have posted this message. I have dramatically increased those referrals so that I'm now meeting goal and closing in on the #1 person. I would still aprreciate those tips to keep things rolling and to move up in the company. Kanivakil, do you work for Citibank?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kanivakil in Simi Valley, California

38 months ago

Congratulations! I am glad that you have dramatically made a big difference in your performance since you first started. But before I can advise you on how you could further increase your daily referrals, to avoid repeating the knowledge/techniques you already know, what differences did you make to improve your performance since you first started?

And no, I do not work for Citibank.

lm in Vista, California

35 months ago

Kanivakil in Simi Valley, California said: Congratulations! I am glad that you have dramatically made a big difference in your performance since you first started. But before I can advise you on how you could further increase your daily referrals, to avoid repeating the knowledge/techniques you already know, what differences did you make to improve your performance since you first started?

And no, I do not work for Citibank.

I work for Citibank. 2 a day is really not a lot. Don't just focus on that. Focus on developing rapport with your clients and customers and the referrals will come. Good luck!

BeeKnees in Spring Valley, California

31 months ago

How much do u make hourly, working as a teller for Citi dragonfly22588 or anyone else out there? Is there a base pay and/ or commission? I'm curious and have recently applied for a teller and personal banker position there. I don't have any prior banking exp, but I have 5 yrs of retail customer service exp. & have always been complimented on it. Do you feel they trained you well for your current position? And do you have any tips for possible future interviews? What is the interview process like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kanivakil in Ventura, California

31 months ago

Don't be a teller. It's a high pressure sales position and the turn over rate it high! It's not that selling products is horrible as you may have recommended quality products to your customers, but selling horrible bank products (i.e., CD rates .035%) is. Since the government has implemented the new laws, it is very difficult for banks to make profit and they are in a difficult situation and they must pressure you to cross sale their products and services since tellers are the first bank the customers meet. I recommend that you watch this video so that you may understand the nature of working in the bank. Search "Teller Referrals" at Youtube. I also recommend that you also watch all the other videos on the right side of the screen as well to evaluate if searching for this type of job is suitable for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.