What more should I do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Carman in Lanham, Maryland

55 months ago

Oh my! I must have filled out over 60 teller applications for different banks and I have yet to get a response, at least an interview. I have about a year of cashier experience spread in between 3 summer jobs. I'm currently perusing a degree in management science concentrating in information systems. My goal is to become a financial analyst by the age of 30 and if i cant break into the banking industry by my senior year it will break my heart!'

is there anything i am doing wrong?! should i get more cashier experience? do you think its the assessments? HEEELLLP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sasha in Davenport, Florida

55 months ago

Hi,

I actually asked my manager about what she thinks of someone who comes in the bank with their resume, out of the blue. She says that if they look presentable she would give them an on-the-spot interview and that shows they have initiative.

I suggest you prepare yourself well, wear interview-appropriate attire and head to different branches, ask for the branch manager, have resume ready and express interest on the position as a teller.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carman in Lanham, Maryland

55 months ago

Sasha in Davenport, Florida said: Hi,

I actually asked my manager about what she thinks of someone who comes in the bank with their resume, out of the blue. She says that if they look presentable she would give them an on-the-spot interview and that shows they have initiative.

I suggest you prepare yourself well, wear interview-appropriate attire and head to different branches, ask for the branch manager, have resume ready and express interest on the position as a teller.

Thanks for the Advice! I will try that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.