Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

How did you get your start doing banquet server work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

yoli in Hollywood, Florida

84 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing banquet server work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

aresome schools for this job in the Miami area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yoli in Hollywood, Florida

84 months ago

please tell me the adress of banquet servers schools in the broward or dade counties

The Dude in Mission Viejo, California

64 months ago

If you go to school to learn how to become a banquet server you are throwing your money away. That doesn' tmake any sense at all!? Honestly, you would learn 99.9 percent of whaty ou would need to know in a career in the fist 3 hours.

Is this a joke!? I understand culinary schools, and I would understand the importance of a culinary school touching on and spending some time on proper banquet service. But a school just for learning to be a banquet server!? That just doesn't makeany sense at all.

Save your money and stick it in a bank account, the stock market, 500 car washes, a new closet full of shoes!? All of those things are better investments. There is nothing they could teach you that you wouldn't learn by watching someone over a meal, in the 4 days of mandatory training at the hotel that hired you, etc, etc...

Bomax in Cocoa, Florida

58 months ago

You will learn on the job. It takes months and months to become totally honed at doing things to exceed all expectations. 3 Hours , LOL you will just be mildly confused for weeks. 3 hours LOL

Larry in Orlando, Florida

15 months ago

I started as a banquet bartender and then started picking up breakfast and lunches for extra money. I have been a captain for the last 25 years at the worlds largest Marriott and just wrote The Banquet Captains Bible, it is available on Amazon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.