What is the best bartending school in NJ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 112)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

LBombshell4@aol.com in Shawnee, Kansas

55 months ago

To Indeed Host,
Thank you. I am getting tired of reading about New Jersey. I understand there are problems with them, but would like to read about other subjects. I don't even open many of my emails because I know what it will be about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymus 7 in Caldwell, New Jersey

55 months ago

I can understand why the administrator wants us to talk about certain things related to jobs. However, our discussion is not just about our own needs but for the people that will be victimized in the future. These people at Bottoms Up have displayed criminal actions and are we suppose to let them continue their fraudulent ways??? To tell you the truth, I am getting sick of talking about them too. I would rather turn these frusterations into action. File a police report, contact the attorney general, file with the BBB, etc... That way if enough people voice concerns, they will be investigated and hopefully shut down. But to sit here, do nothing and just vent isnt serving much purpose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

55 months ago

Honestly, not to be rude...but thats a huge joke. I went to several different bars right the day after I finished bartending school and all 3 places were willing to hire me on the spot and one was actually in hoboken thats a very reputable place. So if you're putting aside these applications of people who just got out of bartending school, shame on you because you're missing out on some people that have fantastic potential. By the way, I'm bartending in Mexico for an entire month with ONLY school experience in a place that is known all over the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr man in Montclair, New Jersey

54 months ago

Yessssssssss. Bottoms up is no more. They r out of business

Jason in Denville, New Jersey

54 months ago

R U Serious????? Did someone put them out of business or did they just fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Lodi, New Jersey

53 months ago

The woman working there was arrested for c card fraud and the place got closed down

P'nuts Mom in Paterson, New Jersey

53 months ago

OH MY GOD!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Maybe some of us helped push the envelope a little on that one. Well in honestly, it serves her right. She or NO ONE has the right to screw innocent, hard working people out of their money. Does anyone know when this happened, if so please respond. I appreciate the "heads-up", and I was hoping for all of her victims, that justice would serve.

53 months ago

Mr man in Montclair, New Jersey said: Yessssssssss. Bottoms up is no more. They r out of business

I wrote another post expressing my complete joy and satisfaction - what goes around comes around!

Just curious, how did you find out she was arrested?

Jason in Denville, New Jersey

53 months ago

Ha Ha because I was scammed by them for my credit card. Im so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

dave in Lodi, New Jersey

53 months ago

my sister went there and bridget was in back of the bar doing some kind of training with them....she said there were like 3 people at the bar her included...essex county sheriffs came in and took her out in cuffs....she said she was hysterical crying when they took her out.....the sheriffs said class is dismissed and i had to pick her up like 2 hours early.....i happened across this posting site and thought some people would find this interesting......good luck to you guys

meee23 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

53 months ago

wow... i am very glad they are done! they were very unprofessional, and just straight up scamming people...
how long ago did this happen? did the otehr guy working there get arrested too?

53 months ago

i was never able to access any of the jobs on that hotmail link anyways... i went on it and it was empty inbox... just some bulk mail and thats it... so...

P'nuts Mom in Little Falls, New Jersey said: So let me ask ALL of our people in this forum, how many of you can actually search for jobs on their "Hot Mail" link? This is "ROB'S" and since all of this has broken out about what BS artists they are, no one has been able to access any of these "Employment Opportunities" that they say the "PROVIDE". So with that said, they are breaching their agreements with each and every one of us. Sounds like another reason to be able to have any charges from "Bottoms Up" or "Shots R Us" reversed. ALL of the people here who are actually "VICTIMS OF CRIME" NEED to go to the Montclair Police Dept and file a report, and check your credit card statements and cancel credit cards and dispute ANY AND ALL charges with your banks.

53 months ago

i think we did... and i am very glad it happened... what goes around- comes around... so they got what they deserved!

P'nuts Mom in Paterson, New Jersey said: OH MY GOD!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Maybe some of us helped push the envelope a little on that one. Well in honestly, it serves her right. She or NO ONE has the right to screw innocent, hard working people out of their money. Does anyone know when this happened, if so please respond. I appreciate the "heads-up", and I was hoping for all of her victims, that justice would serve.

53 months ago

Gotta say this is the BEST news I've heard in a long time. I am thankful and happy you posted. Thanks for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Lodi, New Jersey

53 months ago

She never met any guy.....just some woman who was her teacher for 1 afternoon before she got arrested up there Bridget and somne other black lady Jizelle

53 months ago

dave in Lodi, New Jersey said: She never met any guy.....just some woman who was her teacher for 1 afternoon before she got arrested up there Bridget and somne other black lady Jizelle

Hi Dave in Lodi - question, how long ago did this happen? I am just curious.

Dave in Lodi, New Jersey

53 months ago

No sweat was 1st week into January. Think was a Wednesday.

53 months ago

Well I definitely appreciate the info. Please continue to post if you should hear of any updates. Thanks!

mdedios in Passaic, New Jersey

53 months ago

MILENIO LOUNGE & GRILL IS LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED BARTENDERS!!! MUST HAVE A GREAT PERSONALTY..PLEASE EMAIL RESUME & PICTURE TO MDEDIOS26@GMAIL.COM

Alex in Passaic, New Jersey

52 months ago

Heard today that Bridget was sentenced to 5 months in jail

jman778 in Mount Arlington, New Jersey

52 months ago

How did you hear that???? Thats awesome!!!!!

Alex in Passaic, New Jersey

52 months ago

My sister is friends with her neice Thats how I hears bout this site bout people ranting bout her. She apparently took someones credit card who signed up at the school and ordered crap with it online. Cops took her out if the school back in January. She coped to it said she did it and it was really quick sentencing Sad she sunk that low I knew her a little bit and I knew she was crap. Told my sister stop messin with her family. She was hysterical at the corthouse in Newark when the judge sentenced her. She gets out in September this year. Lite sentence cause she admitted it

52 months ago

Well in my opinion that is definetly not good enough but atleast it's something. It was my credit card that she ordered stuff online with and I went to the police and had them start an investigation as well as the merchant conducting their own investigation and they joined forces with the police dept. Needless to say, if ALL of the people that she scammed came forward, maybe she would have gotten more, and I would hate to think that it's too late to still do so.

jman778 in Oyster Bay, New York

52 months ago

I agree with you P'Nuts Mom. She scammed my credit card too. But the good news is now shes someones b#t%h in prison. It wont be long till shes out on the street scamming someone else in some other operation unfortunately. But eventually she will get herself into more trouble -- hopefully more severely this time. One way or the other this S-Bag will have her day in this life or the next.

Need a job NJ in Wayne, New Jersey

52 months ago

See a great lesson learned, when you Take Something that does NOT belong to YOU, then you have to pay the consequences for your actions. Most people work hard enough for what they have only to have a LOWLIFE come along and steal it.

Genaro in Verona, New Jersey

51 months ago

Need a job NJ in Wayne, New Jersey said: See a great lesson learned, when you Take Something that does NOT belong to YOU, then you have to pay the consequences for your actions. Most people work hard enough for what they have only to have a LOWLIFE come along and steal it.

I'm considering attending a bartending school to get a bartender job and supplement my current income that got drastically reduced with this recession.
Are there any bartender jobs out there or bars are hurt as much as other industries?

Jason in Landing, New Jersey

51 months ago

Getting a bartending job was very difficult over the winter. It seemed you had to have connections to get a job. However, as summer approaches things are picking up quite rapidly. Id say go for it because its only getting better

StraightUpAcademy in West Milford, New Jersey

49 months ago

Hey guys,

There is a new bartending school opening in Hoboken, NJ called The Straight Up Bartending Academy. Site is www.straightupacademy.com for information. Feel free to call me or drop me an email.

Thanks,

Dan

Lorenzo in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

Great site for tips on landing a gig

www.freebartendingtips.com

Eric in Staten Island, New York

48 months ago

Shaun in Mahwah, New Jersey said: I graduated from the National Bartenders School a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was referred to the school by a friend who graduated from there and works at a big sports bar. The staff was friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. I would recommend NBS to anyone.

I also just finished up at National Bartenders and thought they were great. Very helpful and always positive.

Eric in Staten Island, New York

48 months ago

Just finished at National Bartenders in Woodbridge and thought it was awesome. Great Instructors. Very Helpful. Great class atmosphere.

Genaro in Verona, New Jersey

48 months ago

Anna in Sparta, New Jersey said: I live in North Jersey and I am looking for the best school in area.Any suggestions?
Thx

I went to Mix'em Up in Verona, NJ. Great school and great teachers.

Todd in Jackson, Wyoming

48 months ago

I would have to say, I've been in FOH (first began as busser, then server, restaurant mgr. & for a good time bartender) for almost 9-10 years. I really don't give crap to people who went to bartending school, I view them as as people who went the school to become a chef (i.e. CIA aka Culinary Institute of America), the best head chefs I ever worked with were the one who worker there way up the chain, & also the least pompous bartenders who were the ones who worked that way up that same way. In some regions this may be the case, good for them, I still feel they can GFY. Most of those people who I've worked with can't do anything when you need them the most, experience is the key to being a tender of the bar.

LJ in Trenton, New Jersey

47 months ago

Anna in Sparta, New Jersey said: I live in North Jersey and I am looking for the best school in area.Any suggestions?
Thx

Authentic bartending School!

LJ in Trenton, New Jersey

47 months ago

Authentic Bartending

Jerry in Palm Desert, California

44 months ago

My brother went to the American Bartenders School in Little Falls and he thought the class was great.

Chris in Niles, Illinois

42 months ago

Most bartending schools are no good especially if they offer you job placement. I just graduated from American Professional Bartenders School in Schaumburg, IL. They promise an 86% job placement. Instead, they sent me to bars that had no intentions of hiring and bars that only hire within. They advertize in their brochure "establishments that hire our students." I called every bar on their brochure and they told me they have never hired from the schools and that they dont like to hire from bartending schools. Any school that offers job palcement is s scam. I paid 500$ so they can send me to bars they picked from the yellow pages. This is not a job lead. Who ever wants to become a bartender just go to bars and ask if they can train you. The majority of bars dont like that you went to school. They think that Bartending School is a joke and they wont hire. Bartending School is a joke and dont waste your time and money. These schools will lie to you that they will find you a job. DONT BELIEVE THEM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

topshelfbartending in New Brunswick, New Jersey

39 months ago

Top Shelf Bartending Academy in New Brunswick. They are brand new and just opened up a really nice facility. I just graduated there and the owners themselves actually got me my first 2 interviews! I have my cousin going next.

John in Matawan, New Jersey

39 months ago

Anyone hear of a place called Professional Bartender's Association? It's based in Red Bank by a woman named Roseann Testa. She claimed to be able to place me in a bar-backing job very quickly, but I need to purchase a "bartending card" for about $200. Can someone confirm if this is legit? I was told that it's a state/county law to have this card in order to start working.

Justmeman in Union City, New Jersey

39 months ago

I am just gonna start my 40h program at American bartending school. They gave me a discount of 300 bucks plus I get 50bucks more off for every referal that signs up. So I do not think it's an expensive school since they are certified by bbb and board of ex and they have awards of NYU. I can't talk bout the classes cuz I'm just gonna start, but the lady claims to have 40years of bartending experience, currently works at a Hilton hotel and has 2 master degrees and bachelor from NYU and she was also a professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University for 8yrs. I think they r the real deal. Oldest and largest bartending school in the country I'm excited to go my first class on Monday :D

Ps: they didnt promised job placement but they help u build a resume with a template and help u choose the kind of bar that works for u the best.

Chris in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

John in Matawan, New Jersey said: Anyone hear of a place called Professional Bartender's Association? It's based in Red Bank by a woman named Roseann Testa. She claimed to be able to place me in a bar-backing job very quickly, but I need to purchase a "bartending card" for about $200. Can someone confirm if this is legit? I was told that it's a state/county law to have this card in order to start working.

Don't Do It. No one can promise you QUICK job placement unless they will hire you themselves. Mix 'em Up Bartending School is doing Guest Bartending with there graduates so it gets you real work experience behind a real bar after you graduate. I am thinking about going there.

Chris in Lincroft, New Jersey

39 months ago

John in Matawan, New Jersey said: Anyone hear of a place called Professional Bartender's Association? It's based in Red Bank by a woman named Roseann Testa. She claimed to be able to place me in a bar-backing job very quickly, but I need to purchase a "bartending card" for about $200. Can someone confirm if this is legit? I was told that it's a state/county law to have this card in order to start working.

Did you end up going? I was thinking of going there myself and just looking for reviews.

coach38 in Edison, New Jersey

39 months ago

I went to check out a few local schools in New Jersey before i made my decision and I am glad i shopped around. If the school is not certified by the board of education dont even waste your time...

You should really look at the Top Shelf Bartending Academy in New Brunswick. I just graduated and it was a great experience! The school is brand new and its clear that these guys spent a lot of money making this place. When i graduated the owner actually sat me down in the office and made a call right in front of me to set up my first interview with the banquet manager of a catering hall. These guys are real deal, im sending my cousin next week. The only negative thing i can say is that parking in NB is a pain. But well worth the trouble!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jtiano in Palm Desert, California

39 months ago

Don't waste your money. Bar backs are like bus boys. All you do is wash glasses and load beer. Go to a state licensed bartending school and learn how to do bartending the right way. American Bartending School in Little Falls has been training bartenders for over 42 years. Check them out at wwww.barschool.com

Woodyriter in Morristown, New Jersey

38 months ago

What about EastCoast Bartending School in Chester, NJ? Advertised at $395...will there be more charges? Are they legit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

guru28 in Rockaway, New Jersey

37 months ago

They used to be in Budd Lake a while ago. I used to pass it all the time. They just opened in downtown Chester. My friend's girl just graduated there. I'm going there Thursday to meet the Director and check it out. They actually set her up with an interview 2 days after she graduated at Tiffany's in Morris Plains. She paid $395 and she dug the course and the teacher. She said the Director has a lot of job contacts becuase he was in the local restaurant association. He owned Murphy's in Dover before it was that and Brewhaha in Budd Lake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Woodyriter in Morristown, New Jersey

37 months ago

Thanks. Would you mind letting me know what you think after you go?

joe in Chieri, Italy

37 months ago

i went to the American Bartenders School in Little Falls and it was great. Joe and Jean are great and they have been in the bar business for over 30 years. The school is like a real bar and they helped me find a job.

guru28 in Rockaway, New Jersey

37 months ago

Checked out Eastcoast in Chester last week. Liked it a lot. It's right on Main St. downtown across from an ice cream store. They have their own parking lot behind the building. Everything was brand new. The Director spent a bunch of time with me and told me some cool bar stories from his day as bartender and bar owner. There was absolutely no pressure. I decided to sign up and he worked out a payment plan - $100 down, $100 when class starts and $195 the start of the 2nd week. Seems like they are the real deal. It didn't hurt that there was a very hot chick signing up when I was there. I'm actually really pysched to get started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenna in New York, New York

35 months ago

Rita in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico said: Honestly, not to be rude...but thats a huge joke. I went to several different bars right the day after I finished bartending school and all 3 places were willing to hire me on the spot and one was actually in hoboken thats a very reputable place. So if you're putting aside these applications of people who just got out of bartending school, shame on you because you're missing out on some people that have fantastic potential. By the way, I'm bartending in Mexico for an entire month with ONLY school experience in a place that is known all over the world.

hi rita, i know you're totally gone from playa del carmen now, but wanted to ask how you managed to get a job there at all? im an american, have been to pdc 5 times the last 2 years, all with intentions of landing a job to move down there permanently. im latina and speak spanish and english fluently, college educated, and have my bartending license + experience too!!! i havent been able to get ANY job there, bartending or not. mainly because im an american. i dont have an fm3 either, but from what i understand, to get one i have to already have a job lined up and file that when i apply for the fm3. and the job has to be one that they can't easily hire a local to fill. which seems like a big catch 22 unless i was being recruited for a very exclusive, high up, one of a kind position... i just want to stay in pdc, have a ton of great new friends there that have helped me start fresh after a bad relationship, death of parents, and heavy depression, but still need to make sure i can get by as a single person there. (safety is not an issue, that place is very secure, assuming you use common sense and dont do anything you wouldnt do in your hometown anyway!).

so anyway, how did you land the job?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.