What is the best bartending school in NJ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 111 of 111)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

sshi in Morristown, New Jersey

34 months ago

sunshine in Riverton, New Jersey said: I went to the International Bartending School in Cherry Hill, NJ after looking at ALL the schools in the metro Phila area. IBS (1-800-BARTEND) was spectacular. Great price, teachers and employment assistance....well worth the drive south!

hey did u end up getting a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CMartinez188 in Newark, New Jersey

34 months ago

Has anyone heard of Bar Academy in Montclair. Is it legit? Its supposedly a staffing center. You pay for the training and they give you job placement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John Marcus in Roebling, New Jersey

33 months ago

CMartinez188 in Newark, New Jersey said: Has anyone heard of Bar Academy in Montclair. Is it legit? Its supposedly a staffing center. You pay for the training and they give you job placement.

If I were you i would do my research. cheaper isn't always better. i know they may charge a bit less but then you may be loosing quality.

i think they do a 2 day training? how much are you going to learn in 2 days? sounds like they are trying to get a quick buck. others schools in your area may offer a 40hour program (witch is required in the state of nj to become certified) much more in depth.

As a bartender you will make the money back really fast 2 to 3 shifts. keep looking, walk in each location and do a fair comparison.

The link below may help you in your search.

www.bestbartendingschool.com/new-jersey.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerald in New York, New York

33 months ago

I did the training at bar academy. It was three days during week. 18 hours total. Everyone was pleasant a d very enjoyable. I got my own job but they offer job assistance. Your not going to learn a lot until you actually start work at a real bar. So schools that charge you 500 and royally screw you with no type of referrals, good luck. Lol. Again you learn on the job like with anything

jtiano in Palm Desert, California

33 months ago

Jerald in New York, New York said: I did the training at bar academy. It was three days during week. 18 hours total. Everyone was pleasant a d very enjoyable. I got my own job but they offer job assistance. Your not going to learn a lot until you actually start work at a real bar. So schools that charge you 500 and royally screw you with no type of referrals, good luck. Lol. Again you learn on the job like with anything

You don't know what your talking about. I talk with people every day that went to 1 or 2 day bartending school and they all say the same thing. It's a waste of time. Bartending is a manual skill. To be good, you have to spend time behind a real bar practicing the drinks over and over again. Most short schools don't give you enough bar practice time to learn the drinks and build your manual dexterity. Save your money and go to a real school that has years of experience and has thousands of successful graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in North Arlington, New Jersey

33 months ago

Ummmmm I think that's what was said in last post. That the guy learned little in few days but he got more experience on the job he got. Are you a mindless twit. Lol. Get a clue

Marcus in Montclair, New Jersey

33 months ago

John Marcus in Roebling, New Jersey said: If I were you i would do my research. cheaper isn't always better. i know they may charge a bit less but then you may be loosing quality.

i think they do a 2 day training? how much are you going to learn in 2 days? sounds like they are trying to get a quick buck. others schools in your area may offer a 40hour program (witch is required in the state of nj to become certified) much more in depth.

As a bartender you will make the money back really fast 2 to 3 shifts. keep looking, walk in each location and do a fair comparison.

The link below may help you in your search.

www.bestbartendingschool.com/new-jersey.html

A State certified school means NOTHING ..............It means if you do not have their insanely high tuition you can take out a student loan to go to bartending school.....lol....its a joke .....You gain your experience on the job like anything else......and what bartending school do you work for that your saying you recommend a 40 hour B.S. course where you are crammed with info and very little practice time sunshine ????

Rob in North Arlington, New Jersey

33 months ago

jtiano in Palm Desert, California said: What make's you an expert on bartending? Have you ever gone to a bartending school? Are you even a bartender? Why would an owner or manager hire a person with no experience or knowledge, when they can call a bartending school and get referrals on graduates who practiced making drinks behind the bar and know the fundamentals of mixology?

My knowledge is ten years bartending experience and owned a bartendibg school in NYC for 15 years sunshine. My point issssss I couldnt sleep with myself at night knowing I was screwing them hundreds upon hundreds for a 40 hour bs course. I charged minimal and trained them for four nights. The point mr personality is you learn on job. Not from 40 hours of garbage training you don't need. Have great life ignorant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Flanders, New Jersey

29 months ago

Guru28,

I'm considering going to the school in Chester myself. Did you ever take the course? If so, how was it ?

guru28 in Rockaway, New Jersey said: They used to be in Budd Lake a while ago. I used to pass it all the time. They just opened in downtown Chester. My friend's girl just graduated there. I'm going there Thursday to meet the Director and check it out. They actually set her up with an interview 2 days after she graduated at Tiffany's in Morris Plains. She paid $395 and she dug the course and the teacher. She said the Director has a lot of job contacts becuase he was in the local restaurant association. He owned Murphy's in Dover before it was that and Brewhaha in Budd Lake.

Chris in Long Branch, New Jersey

20 months ago

John in Matawan, New Jersey said: Anyone hear of a place called Professional Bartender 's Association? It's based in Red Bank by a woman named Roseann Testa. She claimed to be able to place me in a bar-backing job very quickly, but I need to purchase a "bartending card" for about $200. Can someone confirm if this is legit? I was told that it's a state/county law to have this card in order to start working.

Roseann is no longer w/ this place, it is now owned by a gentleman named Chris, since late 2012. He is running the place much better and there have been a ton of improvements at the place. Please see the new website @ www.pbarb.com and facebook @ www.facebook.com/RedBankBartend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Durst in Holmdel, New Jersey

5 months ago

I just finished this school (Professional Bartenders Association) in May and already got a f/t bartending job in Point Pleasant! I heard about this place from my friend who took the class in January. She loved George and recommended I take the class with him. I was only able to take the day class with Mike and he was amazing! Getting to Red Bank was very easy for me as well. Any old reviews for this place are old, read the recent reviews, great place!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.