What are the best boiler operator qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a boiler operator? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective boiler operator?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

James Turner in Cincinnati, Ohio

97 months ago

How can I get training to become a license boiler operator?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

John Treyball in Belmar, New Jersey

93 months ago

I am not sure how to get further training. I have blue seal and no job. I am looking for work to further experience. Catch 22

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rontheplumber in detroit, Michigan

92 months ago

John Treyball in Belmar, New Jersey said: I am not sure how to get further training. I have blue seal and no job. I am looking for work to further experience. Catch 22

you will receive you lic in the mail with in 24 hrs becouse the testing starts 1-29-09 at 9am at the city that you live in they have the testing there it cost 2 hundred dollars and you will get your 3rd class boiler lic then you could go to any company and get your job that you need good luck joe the plumber.the test is very not hatr to take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

justareviewer in Toledo, Ohio

91 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a boiler operator? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective boiler operator?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Contact the Ohio Dept of Commerce: www.com.state.oh.us/dic/dicsteam.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

deanofsteam in Columbus, Ohio

88 months ago

James Turner in Cincinnati, Ohio said: How can I get training to become a license boiler operator?

Mr. Turner,

Don't know whether you're still interested in getting your Ohio license, but you can get a lot of information from Steamworks at their web site. It's www.steamworksllc.com If you click on the Resources button on that site and then click on Boiler Operator / Stationary Steam Engineer Licensing, there are lots of links there that provide details. You can get a copy of the licensing laws, the particulars about the test, the qualifications you have to have to sit for the test, test dates and location, etc.

Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

john in East Orange, New Jersey

87 months ago

how much do you charge for training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

B.karthick in Coimbatore, India

84 months ago

i do know how to get my boiler operator licence and what r the procedure

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

B.karthick in Coimbatore, India

84 months ago

what are the qualification for boiler operator i had finised iti fitter and i had apprerndice training certificate in boiler section .how can i get licence for boiler operator any exam i should i write any course for this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rhaydon in Massachusetts

83 months ago

Hi, I just got licensed in Massachusetts as a 2nd class fireman and i was hoping for some tips on finding a job...i've been actively looking for a couple of weeks and havent found much out there. I've looked online mostly, but are there other effective ways of finding something like by just driving to different boiler rooms and plants around my area? Please help if you can. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

squids@*****.*** in Phillipsburg, New Jersey

83 months ago

i want a bule seal i worked for a state power house in nj i was a repairman there for 5 years i should have taken my test back then but did not i rebuilt the boilers inside an out from the blowdown valves to the mudd drum what do i need to take the test i have over 90 hrs on the boilers under a gold seal operator i also have all the books to refresh my self what should i do to get this going
Thanks Doug

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hemanth kumar in Hyderabad, India

15 months ago

I have completed 10th & I have 2nd class boiler attendant certificate how to get job what preparation should be done for the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.