What are typical boiler operator salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Taunton, Massachusetts

63 months ago

Hi, I just started taking courses to prepare me for the second class fireman license. My cousin does it, and is making almost $20 per hour currently in MA. My instructor said that's about where the pay starts, and you can make at least $3-4 more per hour with each license you obtain. I just wanted to hear from some people out there in the field on the accuracy of this. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

benagua7 in Whittier, California

62 months ago

Ryan in Taunton, Massachusetts said: Hi, I just started taking courses to prepare me for the second class fireman license. My cousin does it, and is making almost $20 per hour currently in MA. My instructor said that's about where the pay starts, and you can make at least $3-4 more per hour with each license you obtain. I just wanted to hear from some people out there in the field on the accuracy of this. Thanks!

I am a Union boiler operator,in Los Angelos,C.A. 38 yrs old, started training 2 years ago,starting hourly wage 27 an hour,with the L.A city Steam Engineer,Unlimited,Turbine endorsement License.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nodak in Albert Lea, Minnesota

59 months ago

15 yrs exp 29 hour and about to lose my job (plant life cycle is up) no one wants coal fired steam generated electricity anymore. Now its all about wind

MJR in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

31 months ago

Ryan in Taunton, Massachusetts said: Hi, I just started taking courses to prepare me for the second class fireman license. My cousin does it, and is making almost $20 per hour currently in MA. My instructor said that's about where the pay starts, and you can make at least $3-4 more per hour with each license you obtain. I just wanted to hear from some people out there in the field on the accuracy of this. Thanks!

I'm a Union power plant operator in NJ. They started me off at $27/hr and I get raises every 6 months from the Union (until topping out at $38/hr), plus a raise once a year from the power company (usually 3%). Been there 19 months and I'm now making a little over $34/hr. With the built in OT, night premiuim pay, ect. from the shift work schedule and about 150hrs of regular OT for the year I grossed 82K last year and expect to be in the 90s this year. 100K+ by next year.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.