Getting a building engineer job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing building engineer work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

arega bekele in Ethiopia

63 months ago

no

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mick in Pearland, Texas

21 months ago

Here in Texas, Building engineers are more closely associated with Stationary engineers than Architectural engineers. I started as a Maintenance supervisor at an outside mall. I applied for a well known commercial real estate company as an apprentice and got the job. I am now in my second year in my apprenticeship and it is a challenge! Simply put, we are a Jack of All trades.....

A background in maintenance that shows that you have good mechanical aptitude will definitely help in getting a career as a building engineer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Troy in Houston, Texas

19 months ago

Varel International Houston Texas. Crap place to work at! No organization! Plant manager is Ignorant and Uneducated. HR person Uneducated! He let's anybody try an fix machines in plant!Uneducated Mexican's that no no English! Machines are 80 years old an they refuse to replace them! Employees breath smoke and raw graphite everyday a Huge health hazards!!! Major crap hole to stay away from!!! Make this your last stop in a job search!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.