Business Analyst Training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Randa in Schertz, Texas

77 months ago

A company out of New Jersey contacted me a couple of weeks ago with an offer of Business Analyst training and follow-on employment placement. But I had to pay $1,000 for the training and fly to New Jersey to attend the training. I determined the company was somewhat of a scam based on the opinions I came across on the Internet. So, needless to say, I decided to pass on that opportunity. However, my interest was now piqued and I began to research how I could legitimately become a business analyst because I see positions posted all the time with branded companies. I came across this website: www.onlc.com. I don't know how reputable the company is, but their prices are comparable to others I've seen, and training is available at more than one location. I've also started researching continuing education programs and degree programs at colleges in my area to see what courses are offered as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Systems Analyst in Hayward, California

76 months ago

Randa in Schertz, Texas said: A company out of New Jersey contacted me a couple of weeks ago with an offer of Business Analyst training and follow-on employment placement. But I had to pay $1,000 for the training and fly to New Jersey to attend the training. I determined the company was somewhat of a scam based on the opinions I came across on the Internet. So, needless to say, I decided to pass on that opportunity. However, my interest was now piqued and I began to research how I could legitimately become a business analyst because I see positions posted all the time with branded companies. I came across this website: www.onlc.com. I don't know how reputable the company is, but their prices are comparable to others I've seen, and training is available at more than one location. I've also started researching continuing education programs and degree programs at colleges in my area to see what courses are offered as well.

I'm currently enrolled in Villanova's Online BA certificate program. It's kind of expensive but very legit. Lucky for me my current job pays 75% for tuition.

www.villanovau.com/Home/Program.aspx?ProgramID=5

I also debated UC Irvine's online BA program. It seems more extensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gabriel p in Tacoma, Washington

67 months ago

Hi,
I had at least 1 1/2 year experience as a business analyst. Can someone please provide guidance as to what online classes would help increase my knowledge as a business analyst. In addition do you recommend taking other special classes ie. SQL. I don't want to waste money nor time, so your advice would be appreciated.

What type of industry do you see are in need of business analyst... insurance, hospital etc..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DeEtta

67 months ago

I would only recommend taking SQL if you are interested in doing systems analysis. Business Analyst are not required to have SQL. I recommend going through iiba (International Institute of Business Analyst)- www.iiba.com for their recommendation of endorsed couses. It is also a good idea to download the PMBOK body of knowledge from this site also. This book is the standards for business analysis.

In addition there is a company called B2T Training (www.b2ttraining.com/). I have reviewed some of their courses and they are being used in a lot of organizations. Also, if you like I have written a book on Introduction to Business Analysis, Business Analysis Templates and also a download of word version of these templates. These books are in the process of being endoresed by iiba. They are definitely a good reference to get you started. The can be found on www.echoicesolutions.com

Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Tulsa, Oklahoma

66 months ago

Sorry you had to go through that. I wanted to recommed a Business Analysis Book that is affordable and you can download Business Analysis Templates in word. The book is Introduction to Business Analysis and it covers topics specific to Business Analysis and has graphics and quizzes. Here is the link - echoicesolutions.com/Redbook.html

Randa in Schertz, Texas said: A company out of New Jersey contacted me a couple of weeks ago with an offer of Business Analyst training and follow-on employment placement. But I had to pay $1,000 for the training and fly to New Jersey to attend the training. I determined the company was somewhat of a scam based on the opinions I came across on the Internet. So, needless to say, I decided to pass on that opportunity. However, my interest was now piqued and I began to research how I could legitimately become a business analyst because I see positions posted all the time with branded companies. I came across this website: www.onlc.com . I don't know how reputable the company is, but their prices are comparable to others I've seen, and training is available at more than one location. I've also started researching continuing education programs and degree programs at colleges in my area to see what courses are offered as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

annly in Guangzhou, American Samoa

66 months ago

Business Analyst is very a attractive position.i think experience is very important for business.as a staff of citymallbags, my job is promoting our citymallbags'website, i get a lots of experience when i understand the words "do it well or not at all"!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tricia in Binghamton, New York

62 months ago

Hi ,I'm a confused jobless girl.I have a MS degree in Materials Science and would like to work as a Business Analyst. Are there any jobs I can be hired for without being asked for experience in either field? I am afraid I donot have enough work experience in Materials or BA..Would further education help like an MBA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry Amal in Piscataway, New Jersey

62 months ago

I completed 5 day workshop on Business Analysis with Enoptions Inc. The best thing with the training is lot of tools that you learn during the course [ Rational tools, Enterprise Architect , Visio etc] apart from the theory. I recommend anyone who is trying to get into BA world this course. The instructor is former Business consultant with IBM and Accenture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Shivani Chadda in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

Hi Aruna,

I took training from Supriya ( Analyst School )and I would say that I was prepared more than what I expected. I was able to learn all the methodologies, Processes and also a lot of Project Management . There were a lot of mock up interview sessions and believe it or not , I can appear in an interview very confidently and have good responses from the interviewers as well.She also worked on my resume and made it markeatable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Peeyush in India

59 months ago

Hi Lokesh,

Knowing Business Ananlysis tools is not a mandatory requirement for BA... although you should be knowing methodologies for requirement gathering, but u can always pick these skills... as vast knowledge is avilable on internet..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lokesh in Bangalore, India

59 months ago

Peeyush in India said: Hi Lokesh,

Knowing Business Ananlysis tools is not a mandatory requirement for BA... although you should be knowing methodologies for requirement gathering, but u can always pick these skills... as vast knowledge is avilable on internet..

thnx Piyush for that information.....hope u reply if I need any guidance in future...
thanx again...
Lokesh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

iqtiedu in Bangalore, India

59 months ago

Data Ware house is an optional category in Business Analysis. For few projects it will be handy for analyst to do the work. If you are doing the course in it, will be beneficial for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lokesh in Bangalore, India

59 months ago

iqtiedu in Bangalore, India said: Data Ware house is an optional category in Business Analysis. For few projects it will be handy for analyst to do the work. If you are doing the course in it, will be beneficial for you

I went through your portal, interested in taking up a course on Business Analysis. Additional information on placement assistance would be appreciated. I am working as a Business Analyst based in Bangalore. Mail: lokesh_mk@hotmail.com

regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Triveni in Irving, Texas

57 months ago

Shivani Chadda in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Aruna,

I took training from Supriya ( Analyst School )and I would say that I was prepared more than what I expected. I was able to learn all the methodologies, Processes and also a lot of Project Management . There were a lot of mock up interview sessions and believe it or not , I can appear in an interview very confidently and have good responses from the interviewers as well.She also worked on my resume and made it markeatable.

Hi shivani,

Hope you are placed by now. Could you give me more details on the BA course that you took.Also is it online/onsite?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jwalant Bhatt in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Venkat in New York, New York said: I did my training through a private BA trainer in NJ who provided very good training material and also takes the time to teach instead of rushing through it. Support after training got completed is also excellent. Her website is www.globuslearning.com

Hi Venkar,

I cannot get into website due to syntax error. Can you please give me detail information, phone number etc.

I prefer in class room training over online training. But online is definitely an alternative.

Please advice.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sree in New Delhi, India

55 months ago

Im basically a veterinarian specialized in medical informatics and was working as a business analyst ( Healthcare domain) for about 7 months and due to some personal reason i had to take a 1yr break in my career and now i would like to get into the same domain in Bangalore.

I would request advices and support from the experts in the field.

Thanks,

Dr.Sreedevi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sairamya in Columbus, Ohio

54 months ago

I have 1 1/2 yrs of work experience as a Business Analyst. currently looking out for job in USA.. I want to know the important factors as pertaining to the resume content the interviewers are looking for. Also skills and certifications that add value to the profile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

BAJob in Dayton, New Jersey

53 months ago

Jerry Amal in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I completed 5 day workshop on Business Analysis with Enoptions Inc. The best thing with the training is lot of tools that you learn during the course [ Rational tools, Enterprise Architect , Visio etc] apart from the theory. I recommend anyone who is trying to get into BA world this course. The instructor is former Business consultant with IBM and Accenture.

Hello,
Could you please send me their contact information? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BAJob in Dayton, New Jersey

53 months ago

Can someone please recommend BA training offered for free in central NJ are.

Online will do as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

Hi, I am considering a career as a business analyst, but I'm not sure if it is the right move for me. Most candidates seem to have extensive hands-on experience with IT. I have never worked in IT, but I have a decade's worth of experience as a jorunalist covering IT...writing up case studies as articles, etc. So while the concepts aren't completely unknown to me, I have no hands-on experience with them.

Additionally, I see very few job openings for new business analysts. All the ads I see require experience or qualifications I don't have. A number of people here have suggested learning SQL. Okay. But is that enough to get started?

I was considering taking this course from Pace University:

pclc.pace.edu/pclc/pdffiles/MastersCertificateinBusinessAnalysis.pdf

Other suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Raga in Johnston, Rhode Island

47 months ago

Hii i my thinking of BA career ccan anyone help me out with the training i need to get a job

basically i want to know wat a BA does

any help aapreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sammy in Watford, United Kingdom

45 months ago

I am looking for career change, currently lecturer in Business mgmt and planning to pursue a career as a BA. I have passed MBA and MSc -Computer studies but dont want to go into coding. Could you please recommend any suitable training to enter in this field either in India/UK.

I shall be obliged to you.

Thanks
Sam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Prachi in Parlin, New Jersey

44 months ago

Hey, I have 5 yrs of IT exp and now I have come here to US with my husband on L2 visa. As of now I am waiting for EAD but I am confuse whether I shld go for development profile or get into BA role. Please suggest me

Thanks
Prachi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HP in Irving, Texas

44 months ago

Hey Prachi don't get confuse try to get job in field where you fill most comfortable..either in BA or IT ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rich in Lake Zurich, Illinois

43 months ago

Is there any training and placement consultancy around IL that has a batch starting in Oct 2010.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PiaPia ATL in Marietta, Georgia

39 months ago

Can someone please recommend a FREE BA training course in the Marietta/Atlanta, GA area. My entire career has been sales-based and I need a new career. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help,
Pia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bchou in Scottsdale, Arizona

37 months ago

haritha in Manchester, Connecticut said: No point searching for IT job now, get into BA role, get training from some consultancy which will also place you somewhere, you can contact dexterpro.com

hi!
i went to the site www.dexterpro.com but it doesn't show any training?
please let me know the person you received training from and if it's a one-time thing?
thanks.

betty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bchou in Scottsdale, Arizona

37 months ago

amywatts1985@yahoo.com in West Orange, New Jersey said: Thank you for you sugestion. I did take up their demo session for BA training and it seems to be really good. i have attended several demos and it made sence to me to choose enoptions among them.

My name is Betty and I'm looking for a Busn Analyst training program.

Somehow, I came across your comment on the BA jobs forum.

IF you could let me know whether your training from Enoptions was valuable in further your career, I'd really appreciate it!

Many thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bchou in Scottsdale, Arizona

37 months ago

BEWARE!!!!!

This company operates under "seneca training" or "seneca software development" "sukela"

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY $.

THE OWNER: Sam is the biggest scammer out there. His web site is full of errors and do not waste your time on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jahmed in Albany, New York

35 months ago

you shud be good... there are many similar skills... one skill you might wanna develop is of Analysis....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vgupta in New Delhi, India

33 months ago

Jahmed in Albany, New York said: you shud be good... there are many similar skills... one skill you might wanna develop is of Analysis....

Hello everyone, If anyone is interested in Business Analyst training in Delhi NCR, I suggest you should definitely try taking a class from Mr. Arjun Singh. He is a professional working as a Business Analyst for past 7 years (US and INDIA)

He is a great tutor and his concept of Business analysis are amazing. My experience with him was great.

You can contact him at his delhi number (i.e. plus nine one - eight eight zero zero nine six three six eight six) or arjunsinghrawat1@gmail.com.

He also provides online training through skype.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RFiehler in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

Could you share the company in NJ which you were skeptical about? I'm am considering doing the same as you but I am leaning towards a NJ firm.....
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hyosil Lee in Montreal, Quebec

33 months ago

Hi. I'm Hyosil and wanting to work as a business analyst after I get my degree ( Economics / Business).
Is there any good online training courses or institution in Canada?
And is it necessary to take them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Burbank, California

32 months ago

You can take the course from analystschool. email training@analystschool.com
The course is held online and can be taken from anywhere.The course is targeted for you to get the job as a BA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

32 months ago

John in Burbank, California said: You can take the course from analystschool. email training@analystschool.com
The course is held online and can be taken from anywhere.The course is targeted for you to get the job as a BA

No employer will take courses from an "on line' school seriously without actual experience.

Get Real!!!.. your training is a high priced scam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

yashu agrawal in Bangalore, India

30 months ago

I ahave 4 yrs experiance in banking and operation ...wanted to make my carrear in BA pls recommened a good institute in bangalore my email id is yashu.agrawal@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in New York, New York

30 months ago

The instructor is former Business consultant with IBM and Accenture.

I know the instructor and he was a Developer who later worked as a Business Analyst. He neither worked in IBM and Accenture and a lot of the published information about Enoptions Inc. is fictitious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pankaj Tewari in Haldwani, India

29 months ago

Hi Everyone!
I have been working in Life insurance for almost 4yrs now as training manager.
I have been searching net for quite some time to decide:
Whether I will be able to get into the profile of BA (Whether its a right choice, as to make a career switch)?
If so, where to get a formal training from?
Whether the training institute will be able to help me in geting placed or not? (are there any good online training available?)
I would really appreciate if someone can advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tarun in San Jose, California

29 months ago

Hi Everyone!
I have been working as reporting analyst for last 10 years in high tech companies and now, I 'm ready to switch carrer as BA. Can anyone give me the contact # for some consulting company in USA for free training.
I would really appreciate if someone can advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amrita misra in Hermitage, Tennessee

29 months ago

Hi all,

I need the following advise. I have 6.5 years of experience in HR/recruitment & currently working as a recruiter . I want to make a career change into techno-functional roles. I was advised that business analyst role is the best career transition to make in the US. I need help & guidance as to how to go about doing the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sony in Aurora, Colorado

28 months ago

DeEtta said: I would only recommend taking SQL if you are interested in doing systems analysis. Business Analyst are not required to have SQL. I recommend going through iiba (International Institute of Business Analyst)- www.iiba.com for their recommendation of endorsed couses. It is also a good idea to download the PMBOK body of knowledge from this site also. This book is the standards for business analysis.

In addition there is a company called B2T Training ( www.b2ttraining.com/ ). I have reviewed some of their courses and they are being used in a lot of organizations. Also, if you like I have written a book on Introduction to Business Analysis, Business Analysis Templates and also a download of word version of these templates. These books are in the process of being endoresed by iiba. They are definitely a good reference to get you started. The can be found on www.echoicesolutions.com

Hope this helps

I would love to receive your word version templates you downloaded. You can send it to: robinson.sonja@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Discount real in gameim in Kansas City, Missouri

26 months ago

Gameim is more and more popular in the the world of game, I bought gold from gameim yesterday, and you can have a try. I think it is valuable to buy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Divya in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Hi,

Looking to pursue a BA course. Please recommend companies that train & place you in US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous78 in Austin, Texas

24 months ago

I have been through 3 BA training programs and want to share my learnings and those of friends. Most of the offerings of Business Analyst training and job placements are scams. These firms are usually hoping to get international students who they can exploit promising them job placements and H1-B sponsorships. I am a US citizen so they were not able to exploit me but many friends shared the same fate. The firms neither have the certifications from IIBA to offer these programs, lack resources, infrastructure, faculty, or even processes to provide any of the services they mention. Candidates who enroll in these programs find themselves footing the bill for the training, then end up as "indentured slaves" working for these companies who hold their passports and charge them for processing their H1-B. The companies keep promising they are working to get their H1-B but really they do nothing. The reason is quite simple. The day you get your H1-B, you will quit and no longer work with an exploitative organization! So the companies keep promising but don't deliver. They also charge you multiple times claiming these are fees for H1-B processing!! They house candidates/consultants in units with 10-20 people sharing one bedroom units and they have them pay rent and utilities, send them on assignments to cities where they have to bear the travel expenses, food, and cost of living expenses. It is simply a grievous exploitation. For H1-B paperwork, they will show false salary checks that you are being paid $70k-$120k but you would be lucky if you even get paid $15k in reality!! So be warned. If you know of any such firms please report them to FBI, police, news agencies, and local law enforcement authorities. Also if you are really looking to get trained in Business Analysis, Stanford, Boston University, and other reputed universities offer Business Analyst programs. They are valid and certified and much better than enrolling in these firms that are really scams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

NewStart in Atlanta, Georgia

23 months ago

I have a degree in computer science and 10 years of experience. I have been away from the field for awhile and I am looking to restart my career. I am thinking of becoming a BA but don't know how to get started. I was wondering if I needed training/certification to help with the transition and if so where could I go to get started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

USCitizen123 in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

anonymous78 in Austin, Texas said: I have been through 3 BA training programs and want to share my learnings and those of friends. Most of the offerings of Business Analyst training and job placements are scams. These firms are usually hoping to get international students who they can exploit promising them job placements and H1-B sponsorships. I am a US citizen so they were not able to exploit me but many friends shared the same fate. The firms neither have the certifications from IIBA to offer these program...

HELLO anonymous78,

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE! I AM ALSO A US CITIZEN AND HAVE MY DEGREE IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT. I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO SEVERAL OF COMPANIES THAT I FOUND ONLINE THROUGH GOOGLE SEARCH AND ON SULEKHA.COM. I AM VERY CONFUSE AS THEY ALL SEEM TO BE VERY PROMISING BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO TO TRUST. YOU MENTIONED YOU WENT THROUGH BA TRAINING THREE TIMES, WERE YOU ABLE TO GET A JOB AS A BA? I KNOW THERE ARE UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFER BA COURSES BUT DID YOU COME ACROSS ANY COMPANY WHICH WAS NOT A SCAM WHO CAN TRAIN AND FIND JOB?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BA Training in Oak Park, Michigan

22 months ago

Divya in Bensalem, Pennsylvania said: Hi,

Looking to pursue a BA course. Please recommend companies that train & place you in US.

Diving please send your email id so i can provide more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BA Training in Oak Park, Michigan

22 months ago

NewStart in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have a degree in computer science and 10 years of experience. I have been away from the field for awhile and I am looking to restart my career. I am thinking of becoming a BA but don't know how to get started. I was wondering if I needed training/certification to help with the transition and if so where could I go to get started.

Please send your email so i can send some information regarding the training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johns jc in Edison, New Jersey

22 months ago

gabriel p in Tacoma, Washington said: Hi,
I had at least 1 1/2 year experience as a business analyst . Can someone please provide guidance as to what online classes would help increase my knowledge as a business analyst . In addition do you recommend taking other special classes ie. SQL. I don't want to waste money nor time, so your advice would be appreciated.

What type of industry do you see are in need of business analyst... insurance , hospital etc..

Hi,
I did my Business Analysis Training from ENoptions Institute of Technology and Training(www.enitt.com).That was a wonderful experience.The trainer Mr.Jay had good experience in business analysis training.If you wish please go through the web site and please contact them....

Thanks....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Johns jc in Edison, New Jersey

22 months ago

bchou in Scottsdale, Arizona said: My name is Betty and I'm looking for a Busn Analyst training program.

Somehow, I came across your comment on the BA jobs forum.

IF you could let me know whether your training from Enoptions was valuable in further your career, I'd really appreciate it!

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Betty,

I did my Business Analysis Training from Enoptions(www.enitt.com).They had good knowledge about Business Analysis.Its really valuable for your future career.Please go through their web site and contact them...

Thanks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.