Career change into Business Analysis

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

erinvalerie in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

Hi all,

I'm looking for any advice you may have on how I can break into Business Analysis. My background is not one that lends itself to the field- not practically, anyway- though I do believe my experience with applied analysis will help me progress. Anyway, I graduated with an English degree and began work in the hotel business a couple years ago. Communication and relationship building are definite strengths, but I have little to no knowledge on the technological side of the field. At this point, I'm just wondering what my best first step would be. I'm finding a lot of conflicting information regarding second degrees, certification programs, online courses, etc, and would much appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance.

Best,

Erin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anil in Brampton, Ontario

21 months ago

erinvalerie in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi all,

I'm looking for any advice you may have on how I can break into Business Analysis. My background is not one that lends itself to the field- not practically, anyway- though I do believe my experience with applied analysis will help me progress. Anyway, I graduated with an English degree and began work in the hotel business a couple years ago. Communication and relationship building are definite strengths, but I have little to no knowledge on the technological side of the field. At this point, I'm just wondering what my best first step would be. I'm finding a lot of conflicting information regarding second degrees, certification programs, online courses, etc, and would much appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance.

Best,

Erin

Hi Erin,

BA is a liason between SME ( Subject matter Experts ) & the technical team.
Softskills are needed at one end
the other end also need technical information that you need to communicate to the technical team.

so both skills are important, as per your info you have one skill set & you need to develop another set that is technical skill.

let me know if you need any help Erin
Anil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vishal in Newmarket, Ontario

10 months ago

HI Erin

You can learn the same your way or you can go ahead with the college education. i know once college who is providing this type of services

ccbst.ca/ They have Business analyst degree with them.

Best of luck

SAPXPERT in Hilliard, Ohio

8 months ago

Contact at www.sapxpert.com or scutum.sapxpert@gmail.com for business analysis training needs.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.