Tips for business intelligence analyst interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming business intelligence analyst interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Your conscience in Deridder, Louisiana

47 months ago

The answer is it depends. It depends on the person who interviews you. Since BIAs require strong customer interaction, strong analytica/problem solving skills, and technical skills, I indirecly fish for those information from potential hire.

For example, to fish for analytica/problem solving skills, I may ask "What was the last big project you worked on whether it was BI related or not? Then, what was some of the issues that was encountered. Lastly, How did you resolve problem?"

What I'm looking for in their answer is there thought process to finding a solution, the actual plan to solve the issue, and prevention plan so it doesn't happen again.

Red flags I look for in their answers are:
1. There were no issues (yeah right; probably was not that involve in the project)
2. There plan to solve the issue was not optimal (possibly wrong) and does not admit it. (What I want to hear is "We did this but in hindsight I would have done that b/c so-so).
3. etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mark in Shelby, North Carolina

10 months ago

Wanted to share a business analyst training site. Its got some useful info and articles

Its worth a read for sure. www.ebusinessanalysttraining.com/articles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.