CNA Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (370) - Start a Discussion

DonaM in Salina, Kansas

Questions to begin as a Travel CNA

Hi! I have been a CMA for 2 yrs, but unsure if they also "travel". During the day I work as a ward clerk/unit secretary in a Drs Office for 16 yrs. I...

Theodore V. Grau Jr. in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

Updated 39 months ago

how to renew my certification where on line can i go to do this - 101 Replies

i work at the hosiptal an we dont need to be cert. but i dont wont to loose my cert. so i can not fine on line where i can keep it up to date

icelily20 in North Brunswick, New Jersey

Whose hiring CNAs in New York with no experience

Ive heard there are agenices that will hire you in new york. Does anyone know.

Chanter in San Diego, California

CNA and CHHA CE hours required for renewal (O_o')

I've searched online that CNA's are required for 48 hours CE hours in 2 yrs. and 24 CE hours for CHHA's in 2 year period for renewal. Now my...

certified and unemployed in Dallas, Texas

Updated 39 months ago

wanting to take CNA classes - 103 Replies

In the near future I plan on going to school for my LPN. I want to start with getting my CNA liscense. How do you get certified without having to be...

debbielighting in Livingston, Texas

Updated 40 months ago

How to transfer cna from Illinois to Texas??? - 1 Reply

I currently live in Illinois I want to transfer to Texas. How in the world do I do that. I have the form but not sure what else I need to do. Can...

truckinusa in Ponca City, Oklahoma

Does a new CNA in Oklahoma need their MAT?

I'm seeing a class at my vo-tech for MAT(Medication Administration Technician?) Do I need this course to work or will it help me any?

useshane@comcast.net in Vancouver, Washington

Updated 40 months ago

CNA training in Washington - 9 Replies

I am trying to find the website that lists all the APPROVED CNA training schools and did not find it on the Washington State Nursing Board. Anyone...

Bev in Memphis, Tennessee

CNA's CAN IT BE SO? CNA's Becoming Their Own Bosses.

OK, some might love being a CNA due to the ability to share the gift of "care and love" to others. Some may have discovered a growing dis-like for...

kei in Chandler, Arizona

Updated 41 months ago

North Carolina CNA state skills - 6 Replies

I just moved here from PA and I was told i have to retest to maintain my Cna license here. I have found pratice tests for the written part of the...

grammar in Bronx, New York

Updated 41 months ago

why can't cna's get paid big bucks - 1 Reply

Why can't CNA's get paid for the work that we do we are the one's who breaking our backs and lifting twice our weights. We are the one who is taking...

amelia in Palm Coast, Florida

Updated 41 months ago

pay - 7 Replies

CNA in Brownwood tx are way underpaid and misstreated!!!!!!

heather in Clarksville, Iowa

Updated 41 months ago

Starting Salary Advise? - 1 Reply

I am about to turn my Application in shortly. It is at a long-term care nursing home. On the application it asks what starting salary I would like to...

daytonabeach fl girl in Lake Mary, Florida

i just past my cna test

just took my test for the first time and past yesterday 4/20 boy was i nervous i past all parts on both written and skills the written was like to...

prezy in Rowland Heights, California

Updated 42 months ago

Needing a CNA job - 1 Reply

I was wondering if anyone could give me a tip on a good company i can apply to for either a CNA position in Biloxi, MS or a good company to apply to...

anem in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 42 months ago

want to know if the cena testing is easy - 15 Replies

i had just finished my classes and clinicals and know i am going to take my state test but i heard its hard i have 7yrs experience in this fieldand...

terri

Updated 43 months ago

CNA renewal, Inactive status? - 4 Replies

I got my CNA/GNA 2 years ago, my last renewal date was 2/7/10. I havent worked as a CNA, but I'm interested in doing so again. Do I have to take the...

ALICE MARIE CANCELADA in Los Angeles, California

Updated 43 months ago

Certificate number for nurse assistant - 10 Replies

It's been two yrs already that my certificate for nurse assistant expired. I didn't renew it. Now I need to apply for RN, and I need my certificate...

kateorade in Norwood, Massachusetts

CNA Training @ Nursing homes in Massachusetts?

I've heard of this and emailed a place in Framingham, but I guess they don't do it anymore.. Is there any LEGITIMATE way to become CNA certified...

donna56 in Santa Barbara, California

Updated 44 months ago

Certified Nursing Assistant Test Question - 15 Replies

I went on an interview for the CNA program and the woman said i would be a good candidate for the program, so than i was given a green slip that said...

bbreakman in Oakland, California

CNA Salary Marin County CA

I will be moving to Marin County soon and would like to know if there is anyone out there currently working as a CNA in Marin County and could share...

beckmanleo

Updated 44 months ago

moved from georgia to north carolina what do i need to do about my certification? - 23 Replies

I have been in north carolina now since april i have a cna license but its not valid here in north carolina im trying to find out what to do so that...

cofidence@ymail.com in Matthews, North Carolina

been CNA for 19 years no one will hire me

I have had several jobs as a nursing assistant. I have worked in nursing homes, home health, and hospital settings. I have been trying to find a job...

Kayee Juty in Columbus, Ohio

state tested certificaiton

how long does it take for you licence to expire?

heart4six in Boise, Idaho

Updated 45 months ago

What is the difference between a CMA and a CMA II ? - 1 Reply

I've looked online but cannot find anything. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places..anyways, ...could someone please explain the difference?

lashelle13 in Morgantown, West Virginia

Why do I need the refresher course?

I renewed my license a few days ago but was denied due to a lapse in cna work. I last renewed in 08, and at that time my last job as a cna had ended...

janette in Monroe, North Carolina

Updated 45 months ago

CNA - getting started - 3 Replies

I just within the past 6 mos have moved here to GA i had 2 wait til my cna certificate was transfered to here just accomplished that about 2 weeks...

former cna in Hayward, California

Updated 45 months ago

unable to do cna work - 1 Reply

i worked part time home care cna....for the last year due to a surgery gone wrong have not been able to do my job.....i do not want to loose my...

chefcookie1 in Los Angeles, California

Updated 46 months ago

finding employment as a certified nurses assistant without experience this is hard and frustrating - 1 Reply

I've been a CNA for almost two years now and cant find employment I here theres a list of potential places of employers, will someone please mail me...

NicNodak in Fargo, North Dakota

Updated 46 months ago

@ regarding how long it takes to take the cna state exam - 1 Reply

hello. I found out that i accidently scheduled my cna state exam on another important event! ugh. does anyone know on average how long it takes to...

cynthia in Morganton, North Carolina

Updated 47 months ago

Has anyone taken the exam at this test site in NC - 2 Replies

Has anyone taken the exam at this test site: Nightingale Nurse Aide Evaluators in Morganton, North Carolina?

gboy751@yahoo.com in Jacksonville, Florida

cna certification

i just finished my cna course in a community college in florida,i want to take the california cna certification exam, do i need to go back to school...

branbran77 in Clovis, California

Updated 47 months ago

Is cna work really that hard to do? - 2 Replies

i am trying to figure out if i should become a cna or a phlebotomist? i love helping people. i really need a job tho. but i know cna is in demand,...

JackStoner in Abilene, Texas

Updated 47 months ago

CNA classes in Abilene Texas - 6 Replies

I'm currently working at ARMC in EVS and would like to take (free) if possible CNA classes. Does anyone know who provides this in the Abilene...

bennie in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 48 months ago

CNA LICENSE RENEWAL....HELP PLEASE!! - 6 Replies

I moved to Nevada and have not worked as a CNA since i left FL in 2007. Apparently i was suppose to renew my license in Dec 2007 and i failed to do...

lisa in Mastic Beach, New York

cna training

Has anyone gone to Northshore Career Training Institute in Ronkonkoma for their CNA ?? I am wondering how it is and do they offer job placement???

jm in Staten Island, New York

Updated 48 months ago

looking for information on paid on-site cna training programs in monmouth or ocean county nj - 2 Replies

I am looking for a facility where I can get on site training in Monmouth and or ocean county NJ. If there is not such a place, then my second...

edna lafrance in Miami, Florida

Updated 49 months ago

Online Application is asking for a License Number? - 2 Replies

I'm filling out an application online for a CNA job in Maine, and a required field is for a license number. As far as I knew, there was no license...

amber942000 in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 49 months ago

CNA Recertification and Reciprocity - 11 Replies

I was a CNA in the state of GA over 10yrs ago. I have sinced moved to NY and been a stay at home mom but would like to restart a career in Nursing...

shakira in Allentown, Pennsylvania

Updated 49 months ago

Renew CNA license, HELP ASAP - 2 Replies

I renewed it in 2008, I have not worked since December 2007. Im a stay at home mom, but I start work Tomorrow as a CNA. My license says it expires...

R.Benjamin in Houston, Texas

Updated 49 months ago

free cna classes in houston tx - 5 Replies

where can i find free classes in houston tx, or spring tx.

starlean in Nacogdoches, Texas

Updated 50 months ago

cna classes - 11 Replies

willowbrook gives free cna classes in nacogdoches tx.

Meeshy in New York, New York

Updated 50 months ago

Get a job without taking the exam? - 1 Reply

Hey all, I've been told time and time again that i can get a cna job without having taken the state exam yet. Can anyone chime in to let me know how...

CNAintraing in Mount Vernon, New York

Updated 52 months ago

How long till CNA hired? - 4 Replies

I will be taking my state boards in Feb 2010. I plan to start applying ASAP once I pass boards. What kinds of questions do they ask during...

rosalia_malaki@yahoo.com in Salt Lake City, Utah

Updated 52 months ago

cna job - 1 Reply

i hav done 3 year diploma in nursing but hav no experience in this country,now preparing for rn test...but wanna part time job in nursing...what...

mercedes10 in Smithton, Missouri

Just got my CNA and need to know,

I past the CNA test at the end of April and am still waiting on my licence to come in. My teacher was suppose to give us a paper showing i past the...

Lisa in Chattanooga, Tennessee

Updated 52 months ago

cna & phlebotomy certifications - 3 Replies

hi im thinking about getting my cna & phlebotomy licenses which is more money, but by getting these two will that open more doors? If anyone working...

Dee in Houston, Texas

CNA Training in Houston

Is there anywhere in Houston (or near) that provides FREE or CHEAP CNA training?

E$ in Monterey, California

Any way to challenge the CNA course? Im an EMT.

Any input appreciated

ineeditbad in Great Neck, New York

Is it a bad idea to do the cna training .

i wanted to do the cna training over the summer , hoping that i can get a job afterward . But after reading many comments from this forum , i figured...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.