CNA become a LVN in California

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 664)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

Lady Maverick in Murrieta, California

61 months ago

PharmTechBoy. in Watseka, Illinois said: What about a CNA via Acute & LTC, whom which is also a Pharmacy Technician is the applicible for the NCLEX?

Please elaborate...

Douglas CNA / Pharmacy Technician / Phlebotomist.

This method is only applicable in California, if you are planning on challenging BVNPT for an LVN license call them and ask to be transfered to an education evaluator or visit their website all information is in the website make an outline of your experiences before calling and write down your questions you wanna ask because sometimes you end up with a voicemail and if you don't wanna leave a message just keep on calling 'till you get a live education evaluator on the other end. Make your call early morning or an hour or 2 before their office close.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

zeik in Lafayette, Louisiana

61 months ago

Lady Maverick in Murrieta, California said: BB in Bakersfield, I don't know what happened but what I posted is not completely pasted, sorry. Here is our info sheet;
Int'l Health Grp. School of Nursing
7750 Dagget St., Suite 101
San Diego, Ca. 92111

CNA Transition to LVN Program (Method3: Qualification Based on Education and/or Experience)
Eligibility Requirements:
5 Years paid nursing work experience in the following setting;
- Long Term Care Nursing
- Skilled Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Acute/Sub-Acute Nursing
- Genetourinary Nursing
- 6 Weeks Maternity Nursing
- 6 Weeks Pediatric Nursing
(Maternity and Pediatric nursing can be taken in class if applicant does not have work experience).
And/Or Equivalent Nursing Education (if applicant had prior nursing education)
- Enrollment Fee of $ 500.00(required to guarantee enrollment, re-imbursed upon loan approval)

Program content:
Anatomy and Physiology (Essential to understand the Basic Principles of Pharmacology but optional depending upon applicant being able to submit copy of course completion from other schools)
54 Theory Hours Pharmacology which is a General Requirement by BVNPT (Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technician) in preparation towards challenging the board for the LVN (License Vocational Nurse) licensure, thru Method 3: Qualification Based on Equivalent Education and/or Experience. It covers the Basic Principles of Pharmacology (knowledge of commonly used drugs and their action, Principles of Administration, Computation of dosages, and Preparation of Medications), some medical terminology and 10 hours hands on training conducted in class.
Progam Fee $ 2,200.00
Provider Number 14827 issued by Ca. Board of Registered Nursing.

Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
- 30 Theory Hours Maternity w/ 24 Hours Clinical
- 30 Theory Hours Pediatric w/ 24 Hours Clinical
Program Fee $ 6,900.0[/QUO

where are maternity & peds done,school name

61 months ago

We offer the program so you enroll thru us, classes which includes theory and clinical is being done in Moreno Valley, CA.

Angee in Chino Hills, California

61 months ago

Lady Maverick in Murrieta, California said: We offer the program so you enroll thru us, classes which includes theory and clinical is being done in Moreno Valley, CA.

Where is your school located in MV. Is there a school website?

Thank you.

61 months ago

zeik in Lafayette, Louisiana said:

Is there a school website please?

Lady Maverick in San Diego, California

61 months ago

Can you email me at ihgmethod3_equivalency@yahoo.com ?

CNA JOB in Montclair, California

61 months ago

lady_maverick in Murrieta, California said: Hi Chris I suggest you call the Nursing board of the State where you plan on moving in since every State has different policy, laws etc.. Ask questions and write those questions down before calling so you can address it with them.

Hello all,

I've just finished my CNA program and successfully passed the California Certify test. I've also took the CNA/Acute course, because I really wanted to work for the Hospital. To my surprise, it seems so hard to get a job around where I live (Ontario, California). It's been 2 months now and I've applied for multi locations at Hospitals and Long term nursing homes within the San Bernardino and West Covina areas, but not even one call back for an interview. Anyone here know any CNA reputable Agencies temp/permanent jobs that I can contact? I appreciate your time in reading my rant, but I've so frustrated of not getting a job.

cmonday

60 months ago

Is there anyone that has recently completed the method3 program. am a ccma for about 2yrs and have been an cna for 20 yrs. heard of this quick way of becoming an lvn and wanting to enroll in minnay chool for pharmacology so that i can test enclex. please give me a recent update on this.

GinaMine in Winston Salem, North Carolina

60 months ago

Minnay has a nice and inexpensive class for pharmacology for method 3,just for $350 and the website is www.minnay.com

chAR in Vacaville, California

60 months ago

alternative in Clemmons, North Carolina said: Minnay Institute of health sciences ( www.minnay.com ) offers 54-pharmacology course online at a reasonable price and they are approved by BVNPT (bvnpt.ca.gov)

hi. do they also credit the pharmacology if you take it online? Also, I've been a cna for more than 5 years now with bedside patient care experience at nursing homes and longtime care facilities. Is that enough hands on experience to challenge the board? Has anyone here challenged the cna-lvn bridge program with success?

60 months ago

I would suggest you call the board if Pharmacology taken online and don't forget to mention the name of the institution where you wanted to take any course if they are accredited and approved to deliver said instruction online before you sign up. And yes there are 2 CNA's and now LVN'S that acquired LVN License thru Method3 and they are working at one of the hospitals in San Diego.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cmonday

60 months ago

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. REALLY GLAD TO HEAR THAT SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE THE PROCESS OF ENROLLING IN THE MINNAY INSTITUTE. SAW THEM ON THE CALIFORNIA WEBSITE AS ACCREDITED.

char in Vacaville, California

60 months ago

Is 3 years of skilled nursing assistant enough experience to be qualified for method 3?

debra in Winston Salem, North Carolina

60 months ago

I finished my pharmacology with Minnay the online course 3 months ago and I just got the approval for Method 3, so excited!!! Its worth a try.

char in Vacaville, California

60 months ago

wow, congrats!! how long were you a cna before you took the pharmacology course and got approved for method 3? I want to take the cna-lvn bridge board exam, but I only have skilled nursing experience in geriatrics and less than 51 months in work experience. I have like 35 months I think, lol.

60 months ago

worked 3 years in a nursing home and 3 years in the hospital.

60 months ago

As per bvnpt requirement, you have to have at least 5 years of paid nursing experience, not unless you have prior nursing education that can supplement to your insufficient experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Good luck Debra in Winston, am excited for you too. Please come back to the forum and share with everyone your passing the board exam. Take care girl.

60 months ago

Thanks Ldy Maverick, thats so nice of you. I will post all the necessary info as needed. I also checked Minnay through BBB before starting the pharma class, it was the only course on my budget line. I found a lot of reviews about them on the excelsior program (discussion forum) and nothing was bad, they do alot of things for that program.

60 months ago

numax7 in Modesto, California said: Lady maverick, I really need some fresh input. I was leaning toward Minnay for the Pharm class. I checked the BBB, and nothing came up on them which is good. However there are no reviews at all. I work as a cna in a hospital and cannot afford to waist any money on a scam. They even offer a program to prepare you for the enclex for cna to lvn. Hvae you heard anything else on them?? Has anyone??

I have talked to the "Director" of that school one time and asked them in details about Med Surge and the other stuff in their website to "prepare" you for Method3 exam? I am not endorsing that idea but it's up to you. It was 4 months ago when I called the board about them they said they do not have any info about Minnay, so I would suggest "do not just look at the boards website and trust because you see their school name, call the board as well, BBB does not accredit/approve the courses they offer, it is the board. BBB is to make sure they are a legitimate business and not fly by nite. I urge you to call the board and be patient have a note of questions you want to ask before you call the board. Good luck.

Aprilia in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

HI to all,
Kim & I are in the same boat... in of need 5 point resistant’s (certified Crazy!)LOL... I myself… CNA 13years... My mission before this year is over is to challenge the LNV boards. I would like to work as a LVN for at less a year and then the RN bridge program...

I have found a school in my area (Care Training Services- Accelerated Nursing Programs) for $ 550… has anyone of them?
The Minnay Institute of health sciences has caught my attention also… I don’t not have MONEY to lose…I really need help…

60 months ago

does Care Training Services have a website

Aprilia in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

@ zeik... No..but here is additional info on them... myspace.com/videllawalker

60 months ago

says no longer member,etc...........what's upppppppp

60 months ago

Lady Maverick, Thank you for the advice you give us in this forum. I suggest you dont become bias about other programs like "Minnay", Its been in operation for more than 7 years and its on the BVNPT website www.bvnpt.ca.gov/licensing/method_3.shtml We (CNAs) work very hard and sometimes its nice to have a break from such programs as that offered by Minnay. I enrolled when they had a special of just $ 300. If someone out there needs a break in the pharma class I think its okay to go for minnay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Twinkle in Oakland, California

60 months ago

Hello =) I've been a CNA for 5 years. 2 of those years have been working for the registry (working for various hospitals), 3 years as a CNA in one hospital(two years was full time one year was on-call then I was laid off because of budget cuts). I would like to challenge the board to become an LVN and have taken pharmocology. How can I obtain 6 weeks maternity or genitourinary nursing
and 6 weeks pediatric nursing when most hospitals don't use CNAs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I am very interested in discussing with you your chances of being able to challenge bvnpt for your LVN license. email me to ihgmethod3_equivalency@yahoo.com I am in San Diego, but giving you some insights and information about your interest is not a problem.

cmonday

60 months ago

Yes I would like to know more about this before I pay Minnay Institute for the pharm class. I have years of experience in labor and delivery, or , instrumentarion, central service, inventory of hospital supplies, cardiac cath lab , er and now I am a ccma. What chances do I have of challenging the Nclex.

marky in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

I read that 2 CNA's have did the method 3 and arenow LVN's in CA and working in the hospitals, it would be nice if we could hear from them and learn how long it took them to land a job and so forth. If anyone had done the method 3 and past how come we have not heard from them in this forum, it would be nice and encoraging to other CNA's who are looking to do this as well.

Twinkle in Oakland, California

60 months ago

CNA JOB in Montclair, California said: Hello all,

I've just finished my CNA program and successfully passed the California Certify test. I've also took the CNA/Acute course, because I really wanted to work for the Hospital. To my surprise, it seems so hard to get a job around where I live (Ontario, California). It's been 2 months now and I've applied for multi locations at Hospitals and Long term nursing homes within the San Bernardino and West Covina areas, but not even one call back for an interview. Anyone here know any CNA reputable Agencies temp/permanent jobs that I can contact? I appreciate your time in reading my rant, but I've so frustrated of not getting a job.

You can try to work for a registry or look for a nurse staffing agency that also staffs CNAs at hospitals but don't forget to ask what kind of contract you have with them (some won't allow you to apply at the hospital once there is an opening). Also ask alot of questions about the hospital they are going to send you too because alot of times they dont train. Its good to do NOC shift in the beginning so you can get familiar with the hospital.

60 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: I read that 2 CNA's have did the method 3 and arenow LVN's in CA and working in the hospitals, it would be nice if we could hear from them and learn how long it took them to land a job and so forth. If anyone had done the method 3 and past how come we have not heard from them in this forum, it would be nice and encoraging to other CNA's who are looking to do this as well.

You are absolutely right Marky, and what is really very disappointing to me is because I know her, she went to take Pharma with an RN whose school I helped funded, she did not have maternity/peds experience but she got classes somewhere not in the US I guess because the board just ok'd our contact school approved/accredited by bvnpt to offer classes to supplement inexperiences for Method3, but anyway, I have made many many many calls to her to at least do a testimonial about her success from being a CNA to becoming an LVN thru Method3 but I guess she doesn't wanna see anymore CNA becoming like her, she is still working now as an LVN at the same hospital where she had her 5 years of Med-Surge experience. But Marky, soon and I say very very soon you will find on the paper and on the internet the first batch of CNA's passing the Method3 board exam
before the end of 2009. I am very excited for them too. GOD willing they will and we will do our best for this students to pass the board exam.

60 months ago

cmonday said: Yes I would like to know more about this before I pay Minnay Institute for the pharm class. I have years of experience in labor and delivery, or , instrumentarion, central service, inventory of hospital supplies, cardiac cath lab , er and now I am a ccma. What chances do I have of challenging the Nclex.

Hi cmonday, if you really wanna know what your chances are, be willing to spend at least 150$, 75.00 money order for the processing fee you send payable to bvnpt and maybe 75.00 for a live scan finger print. Download an application packet from the boards website and fill it up then send it to them, give them at least 6 weeks to evaluate your apps then you get a letter from them, make sure your experiences are "verifiable" because the board will. Good luck.

lillucy in Ontario, California

60 months ago

CNA JOB in Montclair, California said: Hello all,

You can try Upland Rehab or Plott Nursing Home Ontario,CA , Community Extened Care Hospital Montclair,CA these are all convalescent/ rehabilitation places close to you.
I got a position within a week of graduation. Each of these places called.
Just keep applying to places one of them will call shortly.

60 months ago

Also search on website - JOBING.COM
There are CNA position on this site located in the Inland Empire area.

60 months ago

Just found this job on JOBING.COM....

Inland Christian Home, Inc. - (www.ichome.org/)

If you fit the following requirements, please submit your resume below!

Skills / Requirements
Must possess as a minimum, a 10th grade education

Must possess a Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate

No experience required, on-the-job training provided

Must possess a sincere desire to serve the ill, aged, and infirmed

Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language

Must be able to work well with dementia residents

Must be able to work independently

Part-time shift available: 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

Please mention that you saw this job on Jobing.com!

anna c in Sacramento, California

60 months ago

MedEdPRN (Anna Corona)has been on the list of 'approved' pharmacology providers when there were only about 8 of us --that list keeps growing with the disclaimer: "The Board does not review, approve or endorse these courses." Many of the courses are legit but unfortunately I've had students having to 'take it over' with me because some were not.
We have all agreed that the cost differs greatly as well as the methodology. The pharm course I offer is an approved Independent Study 54hour pharmacology theory course and the total cost, inc. book is $500--the cost has not changed for several years and I'm not 'changing' it now, the only 'hidden costs' is a fee of $25 S&H. The board does not require ANY OTHER course IF you meet the experience requirement.

I know that many say that the cost is what holds them back--I don't think that's the case for many, for many it is lack of drive but for some it could truly be a financial barrier so here's my proposition: For the month of August(ONLY August 2009) you encourage another student that will take the course with you and I will bring my price down to $750/two. It has to be you and someone else you encourage,I am excluding any current or past enrolled students that did not complete the course. You have six months to complete it once you enroll (most finish in a couple of weeks) no exceptions.

If you call me at the BEGINNING of the phone call tell me you saw the offer on INDEED (otherwise you will pay $500/per student like everyone else that calls me).
--Please, Please don't call me until you go to my website and READ it all: mededprn.org

I'm only doing it this month (seriously) this is ONLY for people on this forum so make sure to write INDEED or FORUM on the application. I feel that the majority that are on this forum really are trying hard to better themselves and need a break--Here it is, hope you know how to take advantage of this opportunity i'm offering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tchatman in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

anna c in Sacramento, California said: Hi,
i'm glad that more CNA's are opting to challenge the LVN board--- this is an excellent way to save time and money and getting credit for your experience. CNA's should check the LVN website for more information regarding this option. Even if you don't live in California you may find it to be an advantage www.bvnpt.ca.gov/method3.htm
not only would you get an LVN after your name but many schools will give you credit and you could finish the RN twice as fast in some cases.
Here's another option for the pharmacology course is www.mededprn.tripod.com
Hope this helps,
Good Luck!
Anna RN, NP

Do anyone have the number to the board so we can see if we meet the requirments.

tchatman in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

Nicko in Covington, Georgia said: Hey guys did you know that if Persons with 51 months equivalent experience (51 months in an acute care facility), and a 54 hour pharmacology course may be eligible to take the LVN board exam. This course is designed to meet the 54 hour pharmacology requirement for eligibility.

But you need to take a Pharmacology Course. I took this one and did well learnga.com/Pharmacology.aspx

Now I'm thinking of taking a bridge program to RN.

what steps need to be taken? Who do we contact for or boards? Thanks

anna c in Sacramento, California

60 months ago

Method 3: Qualification Based on Equivalent Education and/or Experience
Experience Required:
Pursuant to the California Code of Regulations section 2516(b), the 51 months of paid general duty inpatient bedside nursing experience must include a minimum of each of the following:
48 months medical/surgical nursing
6 weeks maternity or genitourinary nursing
6 weeks pediatric nursing

In addition to the required paid bedside nursing experience, the applicant must also have completed a pharmacology course of at least 54 theory hours

Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive
Suite 205
Sacramento, CA 95833
Email: bvnpt@dca.ca.gov
www.bvnpt.ca.gov/licensing/method_3.shtml
We can't post phone numbers for the board or any other but you will find some links at my website you might find helpful:
mededprn.org (pharmacology course provider)

60 months ago

Hi there mstacyi in Fresno, just a hello, how are you doing, am sure you are on the finak stage of your application with bvnpt to qualify and sit in for the Method3 exam. Good luck.

cmonday in Katy, Texas

59 months ago

THERE IS A NURSING BRIDGES SUPPOSE TO BE A PHARM CLASS ON THE BVNPT
CHARGING $7600.00 TO DO WHAT YOU CAN DO YOURSELF FOR THE PHARM CLASS.
WHAT A RIP OFF THEY ARE. I CALLED AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY DO THE REVIEW
SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE THE NCLEX THATS ALL FOR THE MONEY.

59 months ago

cmonday in Katy, Texas said: THERE IS A NURSING BRIDGES SUPPOSE TO BE A PHARM CLASS ON THE BVNPT
CHARGING $7600.00 TO DO WHAT YOU CAN DO YOURSELF FOR THE PHARM CLASS.
WHAT A RIP OFF THEY ARE. I CALLED AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY DO THE REVIEW
SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE THE NCLEX THATS ALL FOR THE MONEY.

We also offer the 54 Theory Hours Pharmacology for 1,700, we incorporated Anatomy and Physiology, because, our experience with interest qualified CNA TO LVN applicants, most of them don't even pass the final exam, since they do not have the LVN curriculum it is difficult for them to understand Pharmacology. We realized that understanding Anatomy and Physiology is essential to understanding Pharmacology. But we give our students choices, if they can do a self study on A&P they can do so, if not they can take it in class. Then before they take the exam we give them a 5 day review. We also now offer Maternity and Pediatric in class for inexperienced CNA's. I think 7,600 just for Phramacology and a review is too much. As I say, do your home work, shop around but shop not just for the cheapest but the best training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

cmonday in Katy, Texas

59 months ago

what you are doing is awesome but to charge that much for a review course and pharm is too much. they are not out to help people they are out for the money and anyone that does that has not done there
homework. I was told that you still have to get your paerwork sign by employees. you might as well go to lvn school for that price and still have monies left over.

chai in Oakland, California

59 months ago

I am a licensed Psychiatric Technician, I would like to know what are the other requirements to challenge the vn board.

janine24 in Oxnard, California

59 months ago

i am cna for more than 8 yrs. and doing medical records for 3 yrs. in skilled nursing facility and took some pre-req in nursing but i didnt continue because i am a single mom of 3. is there any possibilities that i can challenge the LVN exam i know for a fact that i have to take 54 hrs. pharmacology. pls tell me what to do.. am i qualified? thanks for this website anyway your help is very much appreciated...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

obison2010 in vista, California

59 months ago

hey is there are anyone who leave in san diego, that know how to calculate they hours? email me back on indeed obison2010.

59 months ago

what the hek did ya just write.........can't understand this sentence...........

cmonday

59 months ago

not being critical about your question but please learn how to spell
if you expect to recieve an answer .

dva19926 in Longwood, Florida

59 months ago

Nicko in Covington, Georgia said: Hey guys did you know that if Persons with 51 months equivalent experience (51 months in an acute care facility), and a 54 hour pharmacology course may be eligible to take the LVN board exam. This course is designed to meet the 54 hour pharmacology requirement for eligibility.

But you need to take a Pharmacology Course. I took this one and did well learnga.com/Pharmacology.aspx

Now I'm thinking of taking a bridge program to RN.

As a nurse who started as a CNA, I will be the first to say that the CNA's are some of the hardest working people in health care. Their jobs should be both valued and appreciated, with that said, It is a scary thought that a pharmacology course is enough to sit for LVN boards. There is much more to nursing care then 51 months of CNA experience. There will always be a select few that can do this and be successful at it however it is not the norm. Nothing can take the place of actual clinical and class room experiences. Experiences that should be under the direct supervision of a nursing instructor, not under the supervision of the patient.

marky in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

Eloise in Compton, California in Downey, California said: I am sooooooooo, Confused what's a girl to do. I recently graduated from Southwest college with the intent to get in there nursing program. After I finished all of my classes I was hit with some bad news. Because, I had all "C"'S in my sciences I was'nt able to get into there program,because you have to have a 2.5 in just your sciences alone. From what the counselor at the school showed me was that all of the schools in L.A. have that rule now as of "January 2007." Now I am stuck as a under paid C.N.A. This news devestated me. I recently went to an Orientation for an L.V.N. program, this program is really expensive. But I was told it was garanteed to start in and R.N. to BSN program as a second semester nursing student at Cal State Dominguez Hills, or Cal State L.A., because I have My A.A.degree. Plu sIam still taking my math classes so Ican get my B.A. OR B.S.I was going to major in Health Science/ Social Work. I don't know what you can do with a Health Science degree, so I am uncertain. I just want to make more money. In a way I want to take the deal but the program is so expensive, it is $23,000 yikes!. I will definitely have a job once I am done. I had even thought about changing my major. I always wanted to be a Social Worker. I just hope I am not rushing into something.

Eloise I don't know if you are still a CNA but I believe you could have worked as an LPN especially in the state of CA with your credendials. Also for anyone who dosen't do well and has taken all their nursing classes and may be a a situation like Eloises, you can do the Respiratory Therapist program because I knew a nursing student who didn't pass her nursing in Illinois some years ago and she did just that because she had taken all her required classes. Also there is Surgical Tech too (I doubt if you are interested )that requires the nusring classes that you have taken,you don't have to settle for CNA.

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.