Can you live comfortably on a CNA salary?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

lilmixedgirlie in Fayetteville, North Carolina

63 months ago

I live in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I'm trying to decide what i want to do for a living. Does anyone think that i could make it off of a CNA's salary & live comfortably? I don't want to go into a field that i will unable able to support myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LNLEH@AOL.COM in Charlotte, North Carolina

62 months ago

lilmixedgirlie in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I live in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I'm trying to decide what i want to do for a living. Does anyone think that i could make it off of a CNA's salary & live comfortably? I don't want to go into a field that i will unable able to support myself.

HI, I AM LINDA AND WORKED AT FAYETTEVILLE NURSING HOME ON COUNTRY CLUB ESTATES ROAD. IT IS A BASIC PAY OF 8 OR 9 $ AND NO YOU CANNOT LIVE ON THAT ONLY.
LNLEH@AOL.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kellyzyas

62 months ago

lilmixedgirlie in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I live in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I'm trying to decide what i want to do for a living. Does anyone think that i could make it off of a CNA's salary & live comfortably? I don't want to go into a field that i will unable able to support myself.

Hi im from Winston salem ,Nc i live in tx now. I am a cna if you work in a hosiptal yes you can live off a cna salary stay away from the nursing homes back braken and no pay good luck..

Sandy in Miami, Florida

61 months ago

I don't know about living "comfortably" but you can survive. You have to cut back...do without alot of luxuries and budget budget budget. And that's only if you're childless like me. If you've got children, especially when you're a single parent, I really don't know how to manage on a CNA salary.

Miami, FL OTA/OT/CNA in North Miami Beach, Florida

26 months ago

Sandy in Miami, Florida said: I don't know about living "comfortably" but you can survive. You have to cut back...do without alot of luxuries and budget budget budget. And that's only if you're childless like me. If you've got children , especially when you're a single parent, I really don't know how to manage on a CNA salary.

I am working as a recpetionist now PT making $12.12hr but I so tired of sitting here gaining zero experience while I go to school to become an Occupational Therapist. I am looking into getting certified as a CNA but I am worried that I will be working more hours and not being able to maintain myself and the pay. I see some people say they pay between minimum wage and about $16hr the highest. I am wondering is it worth my time and money to become a CNA to get in the health field while I continue my education?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Isla Raquel in Gainesville, Virginia

16 days ago

lilmixedgirlie in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I live in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I'm trying to decide what i want to do for a living. Does anyone think that i could make it off of a CNA 's salary & live comfortably? I don't want to go into a field that i will unable able to support myself.

I've been a CNA for about a month now. I live in Northern Virginia where the cost of living is VERY high. I make $11 an hour as a CNA starting out with no experience. At full time, that comes out to around $1760 before taxes. I don't think that's enough to live on without a roommate. After taxes, car insurance, car payment, groceries, rent, utilities, gas, etc.. I don't think my check would be able to cover all of that.
Maybe you could get creative & it would be enough, but you most certainly wouldn't be living comfortably. Unless you lived with your boyfriend/girlfriend/friends.

I think being a CNA is a good temporary job while you look for something better, but it's deff not a lifetime career. That would be like stopping once you're a manager at mcdonalds. (Only at McDonalds you don't have to touch sh*t with your hands :P)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.