HOW DO I TAKE CNA COURSE ONLINE?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 124)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

kukua in Harleysville, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I work as a home health aide and always indoors with my clients, i'd like to take my CNA online. anybody know schools that do CNA online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3768) / No (422) Reply - Report abuse

Bernadette Graham in Hollywood, Florida

79 months ago

i need to find out where i can do cna on line

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (647) / No (86) Reply - Report abuse

Chelo Kilat

78 months ago

I want to take cna classes?but the problem is i dont know any schools here in oakland....or shoud i take it online?where?and How?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (269) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Chellz in Alameda, California

78 months ago

pls.tell me how to take cna classes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (166) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Hnin witt yi in Elk Grove, California

77 months ago

I'd like to take a online CNA class?Anyone know the online classses in california???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (286) / No (55) Reply - Report abuse

kukuakukua in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina

76 months ago

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH CNA CLASSES IN CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA? I AM NEW TO THE AREA AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TAKING THE CNA CLASS. YOUR HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby in Sidney, New York

76 months ago

CATHY GEYMAN in Madison, Indiana said: I WANT TO TAKE CNC CLASSES BUT BEING A SINGLE MOM I AM HAVEING A HARD TIME AND WOULD LIKE TOKNOW WERE I CAN FIND FINANCIAL ASST. TO TAKE THE CLASS

Hello! I think your best bet would be to find a local nursing home or LTC and ask them if they offer the classes. Many of these places will pay you to train and give you a job when you complete the course. Or, if you have a BOCES in your area, many of them offer some form of assistance. I was able to leave my son in daycare at the BOCES while my class was going on (My wife also works full-time). Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

vikingsheepart@heartandhandstraining in Miles City, Montana

74 months ago

State-Approved CNA (Nursing Assistant/Aide) and Medication Aide Training and Testing On-line. CNA Exam Challenges, also. AHA Basic Life Support, CPR, and First Aid

For those who think they can successfully challenge (only 1 chance to pass) the MT-State CNA Exam, I have an online Home-Study CNA program which includes teacher direction, communication and feedback. It is about half the cost of taking the class, but, of course, it is missing the on-site lab/clinical practice. For those with some education in NA-type skills and/or those who are excellent self-learners/educators and have the self-discipline to study, study, study the theory information and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE the MT CNA skills according to the MT CNA Handbook, this may be a viable and desirable option, especially for those unable to easily attend a lab/clinical for some reason.

One still has to be able to come on-site to take the MT-State CNA Exam, which takes about 2.5 hours. There is no way of not doing this if you want to be certified by the state.

Out-of-staters may possibly be able to take the MT state CNA Exam and then apply for certification in their state by reciprocity. The regulations for each state are different (Many do grant certification by reciprocity.), so these need to be consulted first, if you are thinking of doing this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

The Workforce Development Centers, Job Service Agencies, Vocational Rehabilitation Training Centers often will often fund CNA training for those in need. They do here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Julie walker in Lugoff, South Carolina

73 months ago

I recently moved to sc and completed the CNA program in TN but did not get to take the state exam. What do I need to do now that I am in SC. I currently work in health care but not as a CNA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Beth Ashburn in Reidsville, North Carolina

72 months ago

My CNA expired in 2006, bc i worked in a adult care home,which had to RN there. We were just CNA's and Medtechs. It ran out bc i had RN to sign off on my renewel, and instead of takin the class i would like to just challenge the test, bc its pretty common sense stuff and i dont really have a lot of money to take the entire course again, i recieved for free in high school. can anyone help me??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn Ann Tramp, BSN, RN in Miles City, Montana

72 months ago

www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=518462&da=y This is the list of state NA registries.
You can only challenge if your state allows it. MT does allow this, but I do not know what other states do. Maybe you could challenge in a state does, and then get licensure in your state IF your state issues licenses by reciprocity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Beth Ashburn in Reidsville, North Carolina

72 months ago

I live in North Carolina, i do not know if they have that available for us or not. I just know that they are in need of CNA help in my area, and i do not know where to get a job that would allow me to work with them and get my lisence thru them or them pay for me to take the class, some place do that dont they? please someone throw me some ideas....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn Ann Tramp, BSN, RN, Instructor in Miles City, Montana

72 months ago

You can sometimes find nursing homes that offer a class for free but it rarely happens in this state, and I do not know about others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

valerie in Charlotte, North Carolina

72 months ago

Where can I go to take a Medication Aide course in North Carolina?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Beth Ashburn in Eden, North Carolina

71 months ago

hey, its in Burlington off of graham-hopedale rd. You have to call and get the directions and inlist in the class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ANGELA PUGH in Englewood, Ohio

71 months ago

I WAS WOUNDERING IF I COULD TAKE CNA CLASSES ONLINE I WAS A STNA FOR AROUND 6 YRS .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffani Stanforth in Washington Court House, Ohio

71 months ago

I was wondering where I can find a CNA training course here in Ohio, or online. I had my certificate but im pretty sure it is expired..someone please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

littlebeanbeangirl@yahoo.com in Bluefield, West Virginia

71 months ago

kukua in Harleysville, Pennsylvania said: I work as a home health aide and always indoors with my clients, i'd like to take my CNA online. anybody know schools that do CNA online?

Ineed a online test for cna. Ihave eight years of hands on traing with my clients through cousil on aging. please reply as soon as possible if you can help me thank you very much. Barbara Rose

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Killeen, Texas

71 months ago

kukua in Harleysville, Pennsylvania said: I work as a home health aide and always indoors with my clients, i'd like to take my CNA online. anybody know schools that do CNA online?

I would like to take the cna online

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Sara Robertson in Manhattan, Kansas

70 months ago

I just moved to Manhattan Kansas and there are no schools around here that have CNA courses that I have been able to find. Is it better to take a in class CNA course or do you get the same education online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

laurasamuel in Salem, Virginia

70 months ago

i just moved in roanoke va,and ive been looking for cna classes in roanoke and i cannot find one,so if someone can tell me how to getcna classes online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Any STATE-APPROVED program anywhere in the U.S. is going to require some onsite lab/clinical training(16 hrs minimum by federal law and 25 min by MT state law. See http://161.7.8.64/QAD/natcep_regs_stateplan.pdf#home,page 25 with federal in left colum and MT state law in right column). Any program that is totally online is not state-approved and would only by a possibility in 1 of the few states that allows challenging the state exam (like MT or FL). When someone "challenges" the exam (in those states that allow this), they have 1 chance to pass the ENTIRE exam. If the person does not pass any part of it, they have to take a state-approved program before he/she can retake the state exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

vikingsheepart@heartandhandstraining in Miles City, Montana said: Any STATE-APPROVED program anywhere in the U.S. is going to require some onsite lab/clinical training(16 hrs minimum by federal law and 25 min by MT state law. See http://161.7.8.64/QAD/natcep_regs_stateplan.pdf#home,page 25 with federal in left colum and MT state law in right column). Any program that is totally online is not state-approved and would only by a possibility in 1 of the few states that allows challenging the state exam (like MT or FL). When someone "challenges" the exam (in those states that allow this), they have 1 chance to pass the ENTIRE exam. If the person does not pass any part of it, they have to take a state-approved program before he/she can retake the state exam.

http://161.7.8.64/QAD/natcep_regs_stateplan.pdf#home

Just copy and paste this link in your browser.

Go to page 25.

Federal Law is in left column.

MT state law is in right column.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hnin witt yi in San Jose, California

70 months ago

Chellz in Alameda, California said: pls.tell me how to take cna classes?

If you live in san jose.please let me know.I knew that which school is very very good and make you to confidence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Hi.I'm looking for CNA job at san jose.I would like to work at facility.DO you guys know where should i go and which agency is good .Please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Kalispell, Montana

69 months ago

ATTENTION---vikingsheepart@heartandhandstraining in Miles City, Montana

----- I am interested in challenging the state CNA exam. Which program would you recommend using to prepare for this test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gareth W. Currie in Burlington, North Carolina

69 months ago

Beth Ashburn in Eden, North Carolina said: hey, its in Burlington off of graham-hopedale rd. You have to call and get the directions and inlist in the class.

Beth, What's the name of the facility, or phone number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

hi..i would like to take a LVN course in san jose.u guys know anything about any school in san jose.I don't like in college.i want to take a clss as a private of scchool .please let me know if you guys know.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa Silvester in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

69 months ago

Bernadette Graham in Hollywood, Florida said: i need to find out where i can do cna on line

I am wanting to take an on line CNA as soon as I can where can I do this at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Boo in Fresno, California

68 months ago

Hi. I am wanting to take an online CNA course or take classes in Fresno, CA possbily Merced or Sacramento, CA. But I don't know anything in these areas. What I was looking for was online classes or regular class that lasts about 1 month instead of having to go to a regular college where you'd have to stay there for 1 semester and also do your generals. If anyone could help, thanks in advance. I also saw this website, www.cnatrainingcourseonlineeducationprogram.com/home but its only done in Florida and I'm in California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ottilia in Lilongwe, Malawi

67 months ago

I would like to take an online CNA course but I reside in Malawi, Africa.Is it possible?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

153 in White House, Tennessee

67 months ago

Tennessee Technology in Nashville, Tennessee said that they may have on-line CNA course soon. Check them out around the middle of January.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shay23 in Decatur, Illinois

67 months ago

I am interested in taking the online cna course I am located in decatur,illinois and i am ready to start asap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sarahh9910 in San Luis Obispo, California

66 months ago

I am interested in taking the CNA online course and would like to know how I can do this on line?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Heidi Nichols in Pahrump, Nevada

66 months ago

Does anyone know of a cna school online for nevada? I was a CNA for ten years but let my license lapse. I do not need to take the state boards again, but I am told I need the schooling. With little ones at home it is too hard to go out to take my classes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mandy

65 months ago

153 in White House, Tennessee said: Tennessee Technology in Nashville, Tennessee said that they may have on-line CNA course soon. Check them out around the middle of January.

Those classes will start in May and you have to go in person for the lab hours and also attend 72 hours of practice in some nursing home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Septembersfire in Fresno, California

65 months ago

Boo in Fresno, California said: Hi. I am wanting to take an online CNA course or take classes in Fresno, CA possbily Merced or Sacramento, CA. But I don't know anything in these areas. What I was looking for was online classes or regular class that lasts about 1 month instead of having to go to a regular college where you'd have to stay there for 1 semester and also do your generals. If anyone could help, thanks in advance. I also saw this website, www.cnatrainingcourseonlineeducationprogram.com/home but its only done in Florida and I'm in California.

you can take the CNA class @ Fresno adult, Clovis adult, Horizon health care, or Beverly... al in fresno.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

minketiit in San Jose, California

65 months ago

Hi.I know in sacramento which is cheap and THat was a government place.pls let me know if you want to detail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gardner in Hood River, Oregon

65 months ago

need cna classes online for washington state .
i need to keep my day job as i take the class
can someone help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hninwittyi in San Jose, California

63 months ago

go check in google that silicon valley of nursing school in san jose.Please let me know if you want addresses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Certified Nurse Assistant in San Leandro, California

63 months ago

In california you must actually go to a school that's not on line. There are lots of schools public and private here is a link to some schools near you. Hope this helps you.www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ct/rp/cna.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mylin in San Jose, California

63 months ago

hninwittyi in San Jose, California said: go check in google that silicon valley of nursing school in san jose.Please let me know if you want addresses.

hi hninwittyi...if you have time can you please give me the address? thank you for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mylin in San Jose, California

63 months ago

Certified Nurse Assistant in San Leandro, California said: In california you must actually go to a school that's not on line. There are lots of schools public and private here is a link to some schools near you. Hope this helps you. www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ct/rp/cna.asp

thank you for your help...i'll go and check this site!
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Here is the official california website for Certified Nurse Assistant's, so that you feel secure you have the right information. I worked 15 years as a CNA/HHA and I dealt with a variety of issues in many settings, so it is vital you go to school and get hands on training. Which will include interacting with real patients that you need to learn how to care for, assist feeding and bathing and transferring from wheel chairs to bed and vice versa, and this is something you can't get from on line training. Best of luck to you.

www.cdph.ca.gov/services/training/Pages/HealthProfessionals.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn Ann Tramp, BSN, RN in Miles City, Montana

63 months ago

Mrs. B in Mobile, Alabama said: I found a program that you can purchase online and complete in 4 weeks (75 hours). Check out this link for complete details: www.cnatrainingcourseonlineeducationprogram.com/home

I hope this helps!

You can NOT have ALL of your training at home and be taking state or federally approved nurse aide training.

Dawn Ann Tramp, BSN, RN
Heart and Hands Training
Miles City, MT 59301

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

And while though it's true you may find on line training, it can't be suffiecient in teaching you hands on skills and it may very well not be accredited,licensed or certified or approved in your, for you to use this training to work in your city and or state. So you must be very careful of this sort of thing. Just because a school exist doesn't make it accredited or reputable, I've had the experience of bad schools even off line. So you must realize buyer be ware and do your research with your state, to make sure your dealing with an accredited school and program before you spend your money and time. And you must realize any and everyone you care for will have some sort of illness, disability or potential handicap, I've worked with dementia, alzheimer patients, combative patients, patients with wounds, broken bones, HIV, TB, severe athritis, patients who had strokes and couldn't use their bodies, couldn't walk lift or turn themselves and need you for that, those who have MS and parkinsons disease and also diabetes. And you must learn to care for these patients hands on and also learn about nutrition for any given patient, especially if you end up in the home setting caring for any of the aboved mentioned, because you end up responsible for meals and you wouldn't want to give a diabetic or anyone who has specific nutritional needs the wrong foods. And also safety as far as dealing with body fluids when changing diapers or helping someone to the toilet, you want to keep yourself safe from becoming infected while providing care. And for that reason you must learn about universal precations and personal protective equipment. And also learn how to take vitals, which is blood pressures, taking someones pulse and temperature and other valuable skills that you wont learn on line. Best of luck to you, programs in person are much shorter in 2009 but you can still find a program that is good to teach you the basics and as long as you continue to take continuing education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

this is continued from my above post,

you will be a well trained and hopefull efficient CNA and or HHA to hopefully patients who will appreciate your skill and care. Wouldn't you want a thoroughly trained CNA/HHA to be your caregiver versus someone who learned limited information over the computer. What if you ended up needing nursing care? You just never know if we will need help in the future! And my question to you is, who would you want to care for you? Someone who trained on line with out hands on training and without the benefit of supervision and training to make sure that got it right? Or someone who was thoroughly hands on trained and is well skilled because of it? The answer for me is obvious, I want the person who got the hands on training. Again best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Cornelius, North Carolina

63 months ago

pk in Lowry, Virginia said: i will like to know if you guys can help me with some CNA classes in charlotte-NC, i am new to the area and looking for some CNA classes around charlotte. thank you

nurse aide institute in charlotte (nurseaideinstitute.com)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

a student in Springdale, Arkansas

63 months ago

Septembersfire in Fresno, California said: you can take the CNA class @ Fresno adult, Clovis adult, Horizon health care, or Beverly... al in fresno.

Try MyNursingFields.com for a CNA program online. I'm a student of theirs and it's great. Cheap too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.