Need to contact the people who give the state exam in Texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Alicia

84 months ago

I was taking an corespondence course nursing assistant with Stratford Institute. What I would like to know where can I contact by phone, email, to know if this is a state apporved program in Texas, and if I am able to take the state exam. Since Stratford school replied when I emailed with this same question, that I would have to contact the state. I appreciate the help!

Email hott_momma29@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hubertha in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

My name is Hubertha, I received a diploma in 2006 for a cna class i had taken. When i called the to take the state test. I was told they no longer take the money for the testing, there status had change, and they were now only having Medical Assisting classes. I did not feel that was fair to me. I would like to know,can some one please give me the # or address to the Nursing State Board, so that i can be certified
I have now been given a promotion, and can do the job. Yet I need to have my certification it would give me more pay, and a bigger lead way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara Leyva in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

I have been trying for my state examination for going on 5 mos but something always seem to happen either with the scheduling, due to the school I have been going to mostly. The man who runs the school does not seem to be very organized and I have seen many of the people I trained with suffer. They are still unemployeed due to the unavailability of test times once they have completed the training and paid for the entire course! Once they have paid the the high price of going to this school they are hit with the state exam fee and it takes anywhere from one to two months before you get a date scheduled which if you fail you are required to pay again. The price is anywhere from 67 - 83 dollars the guy who runs the school say's the state keeps changing the price. I just feel that there is something wrong with this whole picture. Why after 5mos am I still waiting to take the exam? I am still not working steadily and desire greatly to work in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shontay in Forney, Texas

72 months ago

Hubertha in Houston, Texas said: My name is Hubertha, I received a diploma in 2006 for a cna class i had taken. When i called the to take the state test. I was told they no longer take the money for the testing, there status had change, and they were now only having Medical Assisting classes. I did not feel that was fair to me. I would like to know,can some one please give me the # or address to the Nursing State Board, so that i can be certified
I have now been given a promotion, and can do the job. Yet I need to have my certification it would give me more pay, and a bigger lead way.

you can look up the state cerification number on the BBB website

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Saranita in Mamou, Louisiana

70 months ago

I would like to know the number or website to change my CNA certifiation to Texas. What is the BBB website?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tan in Albany, Georgia

67 months ago

need info on how to transfer my ga. cna certification to texas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vsmoko in Deer Park, Texas

61 months ago

I was told to call the Dept. of Aging and Disability Services. They can set you up with a state test, or send a form to you in order to transfer your certificate from another state. I just called this morning and the lady was very helpful. She said the form would be sent out this afternoon and to fill out the top portion and send it to the state I am certified in and they would complete the form and send it back to Texas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

durden in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

I have a CNA license however the job I work at dosen't want to sign off on the paper work from the state. The company doesn't hire CNA's only providers. Yeah, they are the same(any hoop) I've been working with these people since 2007 of Aug. That's not important I just want to get my liscense reinstated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.