Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 318)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What are typical cna salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

shameka in Reston, VA

95 months ago

i would like to know what are the top salaries for cnas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (397) / No (52) Reply - Report abuse

teresa

95 months ago

i would like to know the top pay for cnas an were they are in north alabama

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Wayne in Austin, TX

95 months ago

Try out the new Indeed salary tool - www.indeed.com/salary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Nashville, TN

95 months ago

i am a cna and most nursing homes start at $8.00 - $8.50 an hour. i feel could/should be more since it is required to be state certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Sioux Falls, SD

94 months ago

i have been a CNA for about a year now and am making 8.85 base pay, about 9.60 when i work an evening or and overnight with shift differencial. how much you make depends on your experience and where u live, small towns with a lot of help tend to pay a little less than towns who are without staff. You have to be willing to work hard and have a stronge stomach to make it in the land of a CNA, its a job about cleaning up messes, but its also rewarding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

juanita in Burke, VA

94 months ago

you can make as much as $20 PER HOUR IN NORTH CAROLINA AS A CNA WORKING PRIVATELY. MOST CLIENTS PAY FROM $16-$20 PER HOUR TO THE AGENCIES AND THEY IN TURN PAY US FROM $7.50-$9.00 PER HOUR. SO THE BETTER WAY TO GO IS PRIVATE, BUT THAT MEANS NO BENEFITS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

rose in Union, NJ

94 months ago

shameka said: i would like to know what are the top salaries for cnas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

cherita hanson in Plano, TX

94 months ago

how come cna get paid so little? rockford IL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Robyn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

I live in penna. And, I make 15.00 per hour as a c.n.a But, I also work in a hospital. I am not called a c.n.a there we are called Techs. We are trained to draw blood and to do E.K.Gs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jamie in nashville in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

94 months ago

Iam a CNA in Nashville & I average from $10=$16 hourly. I think experience has a lot to do with starting out rates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Ok you might be right but, do you work for a ficility? or independently?I found that most jobs cna jobs pay less the further south that you go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Yes, I do work for a facility, an agency, and a hospital. It has to do with experience now. When I first completed CNA training, I went to work at a local hospital making 14.75 an hour with no experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Jason said: i am a cna and most nursing homes start at $8.00 - $8.50 an hour. i feel could/should be more since it is required to be state certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

I agree, but, in order to make more money you have to look for the jobs that are paying more. You can"t stay where the pay is low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Ok, If you say it has to do with expirence why were you earning 14.75 when you first finished school and you had no expirence at all?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

need_recert

93 months ago

jamie in nashville said: Yes, I do work for a facility, an agency, and a hospital. It has to do with experience now. When I first completed CNA training, I went to work at a local hospital making 14.75 an hour with no experience.

Are you located In Nashville or Cherry Hill?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

south jersey na

93 months ago

Robyn said: I live in penna. And, I make 15.00 per hour as a c.n.a But, I also work in a hospital. I am not called a c.n.a there we are called Techs. We are trained to draw blood and to do E.K.Gs.

Hi-I'd like to know if you held CNA before you became a PCT- and from where did you get your training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamie in nashville in Greenbrier, Tennessee

93 months ago

nashville. i don't know how cherry hill popped up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

candace

93 months ago

WHEN I FIRST STARTED AS A CNA I WAS 16 YEARS OLD IN SOUTHERN INDIANA, 2.64 AN HOUR MIN WAGE BACK THEN WAS 3.00 AN HOUR THATS ALONG TIME AGO, I HAVE BEEN A CNA NOW FOR 23 YEARS, BUT YOU MAKE HERE IN SOUTHERN INDIANA 12.00 AN HOUR TO START
WITH CERTIFICATION, I MAKE NOW 14.00 AN HOUR,I'AM RELOCATING TO GREENVILLE NORTH CAROLINA DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PAY THERE,FOR 23 YEARS EXPERIENCE? THANKS MUCH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

candace

93 months ago

IF YOU WILL LOOK INTO IT CNA'S CAN SPECIALIZE
DIFFERENT FOR DIFFERENT STATES BUT INDIANA WILL TRAIN YOU ON THE JOB,YOU MAKE ALOT MORE THAT WAY TO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joye in Morrow, Georgia

88 months ago

juanita said: you can make as much as $20 PER HOUR IN NORTH CAROLINA AS A CNA WORKING PRIVATELY. MOST CLIENTS PAY FROM $16-$20 PER HOUR TO THE AGENCIES AND THEY IN TURN PAY US FROM $7.50-$9.00 PER HOUR. SO THE BETTER WAY TO GO IS PRIVATE, BUT THAT MEANS NO BENEFITS

How do you start doing CNA work on a private basis? Where do you find people who need the care that you offer? I just moved to Atlanta,GA from Nashville,TN and I'm finding a hard time finding the right salary that I know I'm worth and I'm interrested in working for myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandra

86 months ago

East coast does make the money when you are a cna and especially if yo go agency that is where the money is. but, I now live in Wa state and I have 10 years experience most facilities and or hospitals start you at 20cents ex perhour after two years so you can calculate from there. here I work in a Nursing home and make 15.25 perhour the day shift so its good money and hard work yes when the ratio is 14 to one but that is what happens when your coworkers call in and they are sick... good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

marie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I just recently got certified in philly and the starting salary in 10.50 per hour here... I know if you work weekday nights it's another dollar an hour and if you work weekend nights (at a lot of places), it' another 2 dollars per hour. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

marie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

oh, also, that is at nursing homes. I havn't looked at hospitals yet but I'm sure the starting rate is higher at hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

doug

86 months ago

im new as of june 7th to the field but i have work the last 5 yrs as a prevention case mgr
and was wondering why the pay was so low for some1 work so hard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

doug

86 months ago

im sorry im in the state of va (richmond) where the rate start 7.50 to 8.50

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N, Weaver in Phoenix, Arizona

86 months ago

shameka in Reston, VA said: i would like to know what are the top salaries for cnas

I make 15.00 per hour in Phoenix, AZ doing Hospice work, plus 42cents a mile and the miles are non taxable. up for a raise in a month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

latoya in Nashville, Tennessee

85 months ago

juanita in Burke, VA said: you can make as much as $20 PER HOUR IN NORTH CAROLINA AS A CNA WORKING PRIVATELY. MOST CLIENTS PAY FROM $16-$20 PER HOUR TO THE AGENCIES AND THEY IN TURN PAY US FROM $7.50-$9.00 PER HOUR. SO THE BETTER WAY TO GO IS PRIVATE, BUT THAT MEANS NO BENEFITS

i am in looking into becoming a cna i wanted to know how can i become a private cna .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

N, Weaver in Phoenix, Arizona

85 months ago

You can become a private C.N A. by advertisment in local new's paper, or posting flyers in senior centers or local churchs. word of mouth is always very helpfull everyone knows someone who needs help with and eldery parent. but before you try this you will need some experiance in the field as referances will be required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mal in Indianapolis, Indiana

84 months ago

im an a nursing asst./PSP (patient support partner) in IN and i make $10.75 per hr. and $13.25 when i pick up for critical needs. and they pay for your trainig, so there is no license needed :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jamie in Chicopee, Massachusetts

83 months ago

i am a cna that just graduated from the american red cross about a month ago.i just started working in a nursing home but i have 3 years experience in home health aid.the client i was working for ended up moving and family took over so i decided to go get certified for my work.she was total care and when i did go to school i knew everything i was learning.i'm planning on moving down to nashville tn and just wanted to know the wages of what cna's or a pct??and is there alot of jobs available out there??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A Boisvert in Chandler, Arizona

83 months ago

N, Weaver in Phoenix, Arizona said: I make 15.00 per hour in Phoenix, AZ doing Hospice work, plus 42cents a mile and the miles are non taxable. up for a raise in a month.

I am wondering where you obtained your certification. I am currently looking for a school her in the valley and I can not find one that offers the CNA classes. All that I can find is MA? Any help is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lou Marucci in Bellmawr, New Jersey

83 months ago

jamie in nashville in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said:

Hi, I am looking to hire a private CNA to assist a young gentleman with Multiple Scloerosis, located in South Jersey. Can your agency assist in this search, or do you know of anyone who could help in this regard. We would prefer to hire a male CNA if available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

lou Marucci in Bellmawr, New Jersey

83 months ago

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Lauren in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Robyn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I live in penna. And, I make 15.00 per hour as a c.n.a But, I also work in a hospital. I am not called a c.n.a there we are called Techs. We are trained to draw blood and to do E.K.Gs.

Hi! I live just outside of Philly, and I am extremely interested in the nursing field. I have a degree in something else, and I thought a great way to transition into a different field would be through a job as a Nurse Tech. I see Techs all around the hospitals, but I am not quite sure how to get involved, or where a program might be? I am aware of programs for CNAs...does it constitute as the same program as a Tech? Any help or advice would be extremely appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandy/Franklin

82 months ago

jamie in nashville in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: Yes, I do work for a facility, an agency, and a hospital. It has to do with experience now. When I first completed CNA training, I went to work at a local hospital making 14.75 an hour with no experience.

Where did you get you'r CNA training?

Peggy in Llano, Texas

82 months ago

Jason in Nashville, TN said: i am a cna and most nursing homes start at $8.00 - $8.50 an hour. i feel could/should be more since it is required to be state certified.

In Kingsland, the nursing home pays 10.00 for day shift and 12.00 for the late shift.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarayah

82 months ago

I started out as by answering the add in the sunday paper. the nursing home i was trained at offered jobs to all who passed boards. the pay was 6.75 for night shift and I usually had a bout 30-40 patients per night. We were always short!!!! they ended up getting shut down 6 months later. When i was a cna every nursing home was short and hiring. I imagine it hasnt changed much. I would apply there and get your experience. Then i suggest home care. It is the easiest work! go from 30 patients on the night shift to 1!!!! and the pay is better. The best homecare is interim They pay better then most! goodluck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Skyler in Philadelphia, Mississippi

80 months ago

In my hospital, I started and had to to on the job training and I started off with 7.00 per hour. We get over time pay, holiday pay, and i think a little more for night shift. I haven't had to work night shift so I'm not sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tia Waktins in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

I want to move to Florida but I am having a hard time trying to find the Right Job as a CNA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy in Litchfield Park, Arizona

80 months ago

N, Weaver in Phoenix, Arizona said: You can receive CNA training at most nursing homes in Arizona, they pay you during training its generaly a 75 hour course. a week in class room and a week on the floor, then you are set up to take your certification with the state board of nursing. the facillity will generally set up and pay for the certification. no need for out of pocket expense. check the sunday paper. Good luck N,W Phoenix

Hi, My name is tracy, I use to be a certifed nurse's assistant unitl I let my license expire. So I was wondering if you have any information on getting the training somewhere in arizona at the local nursing home? Information greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

m.b in Nashville, Tennessee

80 months ago

jamie in nashville in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: Iam a CNA in Nashville & I average from $10=$16 hourly. I think experience has a lot to do with starting out rates.

Where can I take classes, it was a place that had classes for free

Zbrown in Jacksonville, Florida

80 months ago

Jason in Nashville, TN said: i am a cna and most nursing homes start at $8.00 - $8.50 an hour. i feel could/should be more since it is required to be state certified.

Most jobs go by an number on your certification which some uses years of exprience. tipical pay range from 8.00 to 14.00 and 15.00 if you elected to travel through an agency. hospital are 9.00 to 11.85 depends on how long you held your certification.It is always better to go back to take continuing education coarses at you earliest and convience. this also plays a great part in raise of pay. It is good to have phlebotomy skills. most hospitals prefer that you have this skill. VS. nursing facilities. so do what you have to so and advance further into X-ray tech,surgical technology for higher up pay nursing(RN).I hope this can help you out. I just finished surgical tech and it didnot take long to complete 1 year and 5 months. Good Luck in all your Endeavers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Peoria, Arizona

79 months ago

Do you know of any nursing homes currently in the valley that offer CNA training- specific ones? Thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

norleneweaver2005@yahoo.com in Phoenix, Arizona

79 months ago

Will check to see who's giving classes for CNAS. Will post what I find

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sandinmytoes in Palmdale, California

79 months ago

I don't understand why anyone would want to do this work for such low wages. I retired in this field after 43 years and I don't have any money in my retirement and am struggling to pay the lot fee on my trailer. Tell me why spend your life wiping butts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

norleneweaver2005@yahoo.com in Glendale, Arizona

79 months ago

Reply to why wipe butts, As in in any job you must plan for your future, even if its only saving a few dollars here and there, I enjoy helping people it takes a special person to do this job. one day we will all be in the same position of needing help, And why would you stay in this job 43 years if you didnt feel you were making a difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sandinmytoes in Palmdale, California

79 months ago

I guess I really struck a chord with you.
I wiped butts period. Did I make a difference? I hope so. I treated people the way I wanted to be treated and in all of my years never slapped a patient. All of the other cna's I knew were regular thugs that beat up the patients, scratched them and denied them butt wiping until a rash already developed so I know that I was good at what I did and I received plenty of thanks - even got employee of the year four times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tia Waktins in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

The best way to become certified, is through a school because you can gain credit to become a licensed practical nurse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.