Transferring Certification to Va from Ny

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

Monique in Albany, New York

99 months ago

Does anyone know where I can get information about transferring my certification to Virginia from New York. Website or telephone numbers any info will be of help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (214) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

jenharris in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

i did this for me from va you can not transfer what you need to do is apply with them you need them to send you the app or you can go to the website but it is better if they send it to you then you fill it out and put in you id and ss card they will send you a cna card and it does not cost anything you have to show that you have been working for the last 2 years i think i wrote a letter and mailed it the letter stating where you worked and the duties and the pay has to be notrized and has to be with the app you then send that to your stat you are certified in now and that state sends it to ga ga will then send you your card if you want to know more call this number the girl that answers the phone is very helpful 1-800-414-4358 or 678-527-3010 the website is www.ghp.georgia.gov this will answer alot of questions for you hope this helps but let me tell you i live in forest park ga and have been here for over 3 years and have not found anything this is the worst state so backwards for everything and there is so many people looking for job as a cna that the jobs are so scarce it i very hard and that is why i am going back home to va they make so little here you can not live off of the pay it is horrible but that is me so i want to say good luck and just be careful god bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenharris in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

i have been certified in va for 11 years what you do is try this number they will help you 804 622-7310 or go on there website www.dhp.virginia.gov/nursing and that will answer alot of questions you have there address is dept. of health professions 6603 west broad st richmond, va 23230-1712 hope that works and the pay in va is great you will love it i am from dc and have loved working in va good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Marietta, Georgia

96 months ago

It is extreamly hard to find a job her as a cna, Next time i'll research the job marketa little better. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rashenda

96 months ago

veronica in Marietta, Georgia said: It is extreamly hard to find a job her as a cna, Next time i'll research the job marketa little better. good luck

try calling staffing agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Marietta, Georgia

96 months ago

Thank you i'll do that.

Richard Rodriguez in Troy, New York

96 months ago

I was in a similar senario, except im from Texas. I printed out a form on the New York Health webpage, sent 50 dollars for a recirocacy fee along with a copy of my texas license, and received the NY license in 2-3 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Voleta in Charlotte, North Carolina

95 months ago

Richard Rodriguez in Troy, New York said: I was in a similar senario, except im from Texas. I printed out a form on the New York Health webpage, sent 50 dollars for a recirocacy fee along with a copy of my texas license, and received the NY license in 2-3 weeks.

Do you remember what the web site was?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

How can I transfer my nursing license from the state of Pennsylvania to South Carolina?

Websites?

julieann in Hyde Park, New York

94 months ago

do i need to transfer my cna lic to ny from ct? please contact me by email or phone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rosetta brown in Chicago, Illinois

94 months ago

I don't stay in Chicgo I stay in Gary Indiana I Want to know what I can expect moving to Atlanta And How to register as a CNA in Atalnta before i move So that I can find A job there before i go I also would like to know about the cost of living and my chances of making it as a 24 old mother of three.

Voleta in Far Rockaway, New York

94 months ago

yes you do need to transfer. Go to google and see if you can find the health department or the nurse aide handbook for that state. You might be able to transfer that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dionne in Albany, New York

93 months ago

Monique in Albany, New York said: Does anyone know where I can get information about transferring my certification to Virginia from New York. Website or telephone numbers any info will be of help.

call this # 1-800-805-9128 They will give u the info u need I just went through the same thing it cost about $50 to do

relusta johnson in Mount Dora, Florida

93 months ago

how do you transfer cna certificate from fla to indiana?

mary foreman in salina, Kansas

93 months ago

I'm needing to know how to transfer my cna/cma certificates from ks to wa...please help

kayla griffith in Saint George, Utah

86 months ago

i am moving to indiana from st. george and want to know how to transfer my cna license or do i have to be certified in indiana?

evolia in Clementon, New Jersey

86 months ago

Is really that hard to fine a job in maritta georga? How many nursing home are out thier?

Aaron Hufty in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

I am about to take the cna test in florida. I am going to move to new york in november. How do i transfer my license to new york when i get it? I heard that i have to retake the test. Is that true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Schenectady, New York

85 months ago

Aaron Hufty in Tampa, Florida said: I am about to take the cna test in florida. I am going to move to new york in november. How do i transfer my license to new york when i get it? I heard that i have to retake the test. Is that true?

no thats not true just get aletter head stating that u have worked as a cna and send in 50.00 to new york state registry and they will send u a new certification

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Port Charlotte, Florida

84 months ago

I'm a licensed CNA in the state of FL and am looking into moving to NY. How do I go about getting my licensed transferred and getting the reciprocity thing going? I have no idea how any of that stuff works and no clue where to start. I've been certified in FL for 2 years now and that license doesn't expire until 2010. Anybody know how to help? Thanks much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReyRey in waipahu, Hawaii

83 months ago

I'm frustrated at the moment. I will be moving to VA from HI because my husband is stationed there. I looked up the endorsement package that they had me download and it said...

that if my original state is Hawaii, that it does not meet VA requirement... =(

so would that mean i need to retake the test?

I emailed Virginia Board of Nursing. Hopefully they can give me some suggestions.

roni in Forest Hills, New York

82 months ago

i moved to back to nyc from maryland and need information on how to transfer my maryland CNA license to NY and how much will it cost. If anyone has any information, please let me know. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

B and-will in Virginia Beach, Virginia

82 months ago

i"m moving to the Miami FL, how wii I transfer my cna certificate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tj in Memphis, Tennessee

80 months ago

david

79 months ago

dose anyone know if my cna cetification is good in va? i live in ct, now but looking to move to newport news va,23601

heidi in Nicholasville, Kentucky

79 months ago

I am thinking about moving to Florida, Jacksonville or gainville area.
Can anyone tell me how to transfer a CNA from KY to FL. Also if anyone has any good information about the job market there for CNA's that would be helpful for me in this transfer. I would appreciate it.

katherine in Norfolk, Virginia

78 months ago

What I need to do to tranfer my cna license from Virginia to South Carolina.

venus in Lynchburg, Virginia

77 months ago

i am moving to washington dc and i want to know how much it will cost to tranfer my cna certification to dc.

77 months ago

venus in Lynchburg, Virginia said: i am moving to washington dc and i want to know how much it will cost to tranfer my cna certification to dc.

it is free but you need to fill out some paper work

77 months ago

you need to fill out some paper work but it don't cost anything . I just did mine from va to sc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aimadi in Lawrenceville, Georgia

77 months ago

I live in Geogia and I have a cna certificate is current and active,I am in a process of moving to washington dc,what should I do?is washington endorse georgia cetification with no problem?

Terri in Killeen, Texas

77 months ago

katherine in Norfolk, Virginia said: What I need to do to tranfer my cna license from Virginia to South Carolina.

I got my license in South Carolina. I'm not sure what you have to do, but the name of the place I tested throug is Promissor South Carolina Nurse aide registry. I hope that helps.

Kimberly Shouse in Santa Paula, California

75 months ago

Hello everyone..

I just moved to CA from Ohio a few months ago, i got my CNA in CA a few weeks ago in the mail (filed for reciprocity) but now im moving to VA to be with my bf. Can anyone send me the form that i need to fill out so that i can move there? i cant seem to find it?

babi_love0690@yahoo.com

thanks,
Kim

Erin Brooks

74 months ago

Port St. Lucie, Fla i am relocating to Virginia, i am a C.N.A and
want to transfer my lincense to Virginia, what are the state requirements?

Kimberly Shouse in Santa Paula, California

74 months ago

Erin Brooks said: Port St. Lucie, Fla i am relocating to Virginia, i am a C.N.A and
want to transfer my lincense to Virginia, what are the state requirements?

I just go my CNA license from VA in the mail. The way i went about it i went to this site

www.dhp.virginia.gov/nursing/nursing_forms.htm#CNA

then click on application and instructions for CNA by Endorsement.

Filled out the paper, took it to a notary (required, but it only cost me 10 bucks at UPS store.) Then sent it out. There were no Fee's. I sent it out on July 1st, and it came in the mail sometime between july 10th, and july 18th. I was on vacation.
Hope it works our for you!!

leonadrocat in Jersey City, New Jersey

74 months ago

i would like to know how i will transfer my cna license from indiana to new jersey

N.Mcreynolds in Ypsilanti, Michigan

72 months ago

Monique in Albany, New York said: Does anyone know where I can get information about transferring my certification to Virginia from New York. Website or telephone numbers any info will be of help.

Hi!! My Name is Nicole and i trying to move to ATL.. I will to take some cna class or transfer my over. Can any one help me..Also a good place to live

N.Mcreynolds in Ypsilanti, Michigan

72 months ago

tete in aurora, Illinois said: I will be moving to Georgia from
Illinios.I want to know how I can get my CNA certification tranfer form Illinios to the Georgia CNA registry.That way I can get a job lined up before I moved, and also get me a place to stay.

What happen? Are you living in ATL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brianne in Gretna, Virginia

64 months ago

i need to transfer my cna license from ny to va. does anybody know how to go about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

titi in Riverdale, Georgia

60 months ago

am moving frm ATL to newyork does anyone knw wht to do.

Monique in Albany, New York

60 months ago

Hopefully this will help you. Copy and paste url in browser.

www.prometric.com

yessika in Virginia Beach, Virginia

59 months ago

Can I transfer my CNA license from Florida, Jacksonville to the VA State?

Pari

43 months ago

ReyRey in waipahu, Hawaii said: I'm frustrated at the moment. I will be moving to VA from HI because my husband is stationed there. I looked up the endorsement package that they had me download and it said...

that if my original state is Hawaii, that it does not meet VA requirement... =(

so would that mean i need to retake the test?

I emailed Virginia Board of Nursing. Hopefully they can give me some suggestions.

I am also interested to get endorsement my CNA from HI to VA which is my husband's hometown. Referring the statement in endorsement package, "If you were certified Hawaii prior to 2008 (no approved programs before then—will not be eligible)" My understanding is...If you took the nurse aide education program (which must took prior to state exam.)prior to 2008, you will not be eligible. But If you took the nurse aide education program after January 01, 2008, You will qualify for endorsement. I hope... Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you

cjmcewan@yahoo.com in Fairfax, Virginia

43 months ago

Does anyone know where I get information on transferring my certification from Virginia to New York. A website or telephone number would be very helpful.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.